[2019-04-03] Snake

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

NeatNit
[Insert Here]

[2019-04-03] Snake

Post by NeatNit »

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/snake

Did Eve eat the whole apple? Like, seeds and all? If not, I feel like we shouldn't be on the hook for all these curses.

The snake is supposed to have legs! Come on, draw those damn legs...

radar99

Re: [2019-04-03] Snake

Post by radar99 »

Extending the metaphor of the tree as the source of knowledge of good and evil and god as miserly and withholding knowledge (rather than protecting people from it), I think the apples on that particular tree were seedless.

Grovberg

Post by Grovberg »

There's room for omniscience and free will to coexist. I mean, starting with the premise that God is omniscient and knows the thoughts and motivations of every person, then it seems reasonable to assume that he can know all possible future outcomes of any choice or action. When humans make a choice, it collapses the possible futures into a singular present, Schodinger-style.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Grovberg wrote:There's room for omniscience and free will to coexist.
No, there’s not.
I mean, starting with the premise that God is omniscient and knows the thoughts and motivations of every person, then it seems reasonable to assume that he can know all possible future outcomes of any choice or action. When humans make a choice, it collapses the possible futures into a singular present, Schodinger-style.
But God not only knows all possible outcomes, he already knows what you will “choose”, so it’s not really a choice, everything is predetermined.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

wheels

Post by wheels »

Everyone ought to read what you've written because it contains a wealth of knowledge that can help them become more open-minded. I am extremely appreciative of that. wheel spinner