[2019-05-19] Torture

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

RecoveringCatholic

[2019-05-19] Torture

Post by RecoveringCatholic »

Sorry, don't get the joke in this one at all.

Is it an "old person" thing of some sort?

Did I miss the memo. . . or the meme?

AlixeTiir

Re: [2019-05-19] Torture

Post by AlixeTiir »

RecoveringCatholic wrote:Sorry, don't get the joke in this one at all.

Is it an "old person" thing of some sort?

Did I miss the memo. . . or the meme?
dunno. I don't wear glasses so I don't get it

Lisa H.

Post by Lisa H. »

As a wearer of glasses, I totally get it. It's basically impossible for another person to put someone's glasses on them correctly. They won't get the arms behind the ears properly or get the bridge at the right spot on the nose. Sometimes they might even poke you in the eye in the attempt. In any case it always feels wrong and is irritating out of proportion to the actual physical discomfort involved. So doing it repeatedly... think of this as a kind of water-drop torture, but with glasses.

As for someone else putting in my contact lenses and therefore touching my eyeballs... *shudder*

RecoveringCatholic

Post by RecoveringCatholic »

@Lisa H: I dunno.

When I go to the optometrist to get my new glasses, they always put the glasses on me in order to check the fit, etc.

It's probably the only time that the glasses are actually on me properly in the entire time I own them.

rabidmuskrat

Post by rabidmuskrat »

I used to wear glasses (had corrective eye surgery) and any time someone else put my glasses on for me (like at the optometrist) it always felt weird and out of place. Would immediately go to push them up higher on my nose.

That urge to push glasses up your nose though will last for a long time even after you don't wear glasses anymore.
I love dad jokes.