Spam campaign anyone?

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Once you are literally fucked, there is no need to say that you are figuratively fucked. Not under those circumstances at least. It's already implied in the literally notion in that case.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Literally is the trouble word here, really. Also the plethora of uses of "fuck" or any derivatives.
Literally in this case refers to "fucked" as being in trouble.
Figuratively, because, well you have been gored by a phallic object. Sure sounds like sex to me.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Literally is the trouble word here, really. Also the plethora of uses of "fuck" or any derivatives.
Figuratively, because, well you have been gored by a phallic object. Sure sounds like sex to me.
I think its the other way around. Literally, the goring could be considered a sexual activity, whilst 'being fucked' is figurative for being beyond help.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Sahan wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:Literally is the trouble word here, really. Also the plethora of uses of "fuck" or any derivatives.
I think its the other way around. Literally, the goring could be considered a sexual activity, whilst 'being fucked' is figurative for being beyond help.
Yeah literally is actually happening, figuratively is metaphorically happening.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I originally had it that way, but thinking more about the word "figuratively" it fit better with the symbology of the unicorn. The horn is the metaphor or symbol of a phallus, and it entering you is the symbol of "getting fucked".
Really, there is no "literal" fucking going on in this conversation, simply because getting stabbed by an animal horn is in no way sexual intercourse.* But if you adopt the broader view of the word "fucked", then I could make a case for the literal, providing we are accepting "fucked" as a synonym for "in trouble".

* I suppose the dirtier minds might make a case otherwise, but in that case we are talking about nasty fetishes and beastiality.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Semantic debates are making us lose our souls gentlemen.*

*especially those i start.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

It the denegration of the word "literal" that is really to blame for this debate. I mean, my friend once heard the announcer of WWE match actually say "They are literally beating the crap out of eachother!". Yes, faecal matter was flying this way and that.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

We're so participating in the zeitgeist of the internet.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Speaking of that, how self-aggrandizing is naming your album Zeitgeist. Especially after you hadn't made an album (or even been with the same band, or been of any real importance*) for over 6 years. Unfortunately, the sales of said album are big enough that it actually lents creedence to such a masturbatory album title.

* Apologies to any fans of Zwan. Just in case one of the five fans actually came to the board.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

I'm with anyone that bitches on Billy Corgan. He didn't play my songs at the Smashing Pumpkins show i attended. And the rest was just meh.

Jaydee

Post by Jaydee »

Sahan wrote:Yeah, okay then. This stuff just really irks me a lot. John Howard won one of his elections thanks to a racist bitch called Pauline Hanson, and the pain of it is still there.

I managed to piss them off quite a bit on my own though. Now they've deleted my comments and banned me from posting on the site. I'd call that a victory of sorts.
Oh my God, shut up you moron. Pauline Hanson was not racist, she was wrongly interpreted by racists. Perhaps you got caught up in the media and don't make your own opinions, just like most racists?
Have you been to Katherine? Drunk aboriginals generally line the streets everyday. If they were white people I should hope someone as fucking smart as Pauline Hanson brought attention to it as well. What does it take for commen sense to attach itself to the common persons brain.

A strong hate was born for you just now Sahan.
BTY. [Better than you]

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

i'm fairly confident that all australians are racist homophobes. like how it's unaustralian to not have a binge drinking problem.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Jaydee wrote:Pauline Hanson was not racist
Yeah, she kinda was.
Jaydee wrote:she was wrongly interpreted by racists.
While that's true, she did have racially biased policies. Technically she was quite racist, and thinking otherwise is a bit naive.
Jaydee wrote:Perhaps you got caught up in the media and don't make your own opinions, just like most racists?
Seriously have you been drinking?
Jaydee wrote:Have you been to Katherine? Drunk aboriginals generally line the streets everyday. If they were white people I should hope someone as fucking smart as Pauline Hanson brought attention to it as well. What does it take for commen sense to attach itself to the common persons brain.
I don't want to get too deep into this, but really that's a very different issue to what Pauline Hanson cared about, or was remotely worried about. There is a need for racism, because thinking everyone is the same is ridiculous, we're not the same. We never will be, and thinking that treating people the same will make us equal is a naive ideology. We're not ready for that yet, and society needs to change in a way that can only happen over a few generations before any headway can be made. Stereotypes are usually there for a reason, and getting rid of them doesn't happen easily.

In summary, I can't tell whether or not your post was serious or not.
Jaydee wrote:A strong hate was born for you just now Sahan.
Well yeah, naturally.
Not a big fan of signatures.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I got a 50-foot pole, and nope, still not gunna.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Simon. wrote:
I don't want to get too deep into this, but really that's a very different issue to what Pauline Hanson cared about, or was remotely worried about. There is a need for racism, because thinking everyone is the same is ridiculous, we're not the same. We never will be, and thinking that treating people the same will make us equal is a naive ideology. We're not ready for that yet, and society needs to change in a way that can only happen over a few generations before any headway can be made. Stereotypes are usually there for a reason, and getting rid of them doesn't happen easily.
I completely agree. Ignoring skin colour and cultural difference is to a degree racism in and of itself. Sometimes the extreme political correctness can be more racist than out and out racism. It can come off as extremely patronizing (which, just regarding general life, I generally prefer to be insulted to patronized).
On the other hand, accentuating your skin colour and cultural difference is nearly as ridiculous. Basically when it becomes black on white racism. Which is why I'm not all that keen on Mr. Barack Obama. The church he attends* has been a rather stark example of that (which I had read about well before it all blew up). Personally, I don't see the point of the type of segregation that comes with this kind of view.
Why can't we simply exist together, without hate or ignorance?

*Apparently my concern has been the concern of plenty more, as apparently he, as recently this past weekend, announced he was leaving after 20 years of attending.