GTA4

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Frostbite
I dunno.

GTA4

Post by Frostbite »

According to pretty much every game reviewing website this game is the greatest thing ever. It will cure AIDS and find the the cross of Jesus, or so I was lead to believe by every single perfect score out there.

I will say this though, the GTA series is at least better than the Halo series.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Re: GTA4

Post by TwoBuy »

Frostbite wrote:I will say this though, the GTA series is at least better than the Halo series.
You are dead to me. And I'm not a huge fan of the Halo series. I've played a good number of the GTA games and ALL of them are exceedingly fun for 8 hours until you get bored of random killing sprees in a new setting and then they turn to crap.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I agree with TwoBuy. I'll pick up a GTA (borrowing or whathaveyou) every couple of years. I might make some attempts at the missions, but mostly I'll just try a bunch of cool jumps, major crashes or killing sprees. All in all, it might hold my attention for a few days, and then I'll be done.
That said, my buddy did pre-order it and so I'll probably spend a few hours over there for the next few days experimenting with it. I think the game would be a lot more interesting with some level of teamplay, really.

Husper

Post by Husper »

hype hype hype!

I used to play LAN parties with GTA1, and GTA2 was cool too, they were just small simple games not meant to be played for weeks.

I found what the others found with GTA 3 and whatever the other games they made after that one, I just ran around doing some sweet jumps and beating up old ladies for a day before getting bored and never playing it again.

RPG games are not my thing. Dont see any point playing as I dont enjoy playing a character in a fantasy land now matter how fantastic the things he gets up to are.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I don't like the GTA series because they are shit boring.
Not a big fan of signatures.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

k... GTA is not an RPG, it's a sandbox game. also, i haven't played a GTA game since 3, but also got bored of it relatively quickly. The new one though is supposed to be really good. even the review sites that hated the old ones really liked this one. apparently it plays a lot on how the media feels about the series, and violent video games in general, and doesn't take itself as seriously as the previous versions. i may give it a shot if i were ever to be around a 360 and somebody owned the game.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I could sit here and ramble on about how you all are wrong or could just not because I really don't care for GTA enough to ramble about it.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I will get this and play it because it seems like it will be completely awsome. I read that if you blow up a building, it stays blown up for the rest of the game. 360 has awsome graphics and that will make it better. One day i hope to get mine back and working.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

HARDKORE wrote:I will get this and play it because it seems like it will be completely awsome. I read that if you blow up a building, it stays blown up for the rest of the game. 360 has awsome graphics and that will make it better. One day i hope to get mine back and working.
Okay, that is pretty cool. Some semblance of carryover from spree to spree would definitely be an improvement.

Husper

Post by Husper »

Sandbox or not its still still an RPG to me, just like oblivion and the other games.. you get your character, you play in a fantasy world, you improve him and progress through the world. Just GTA has a hell of a lot of other things to do, which are all equally as pointless.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

So basically you don't play any video games at all Husper? Or have fun? Because you pretty much just said having any kind of fun is pointless.

Husper

Post by Husper »

Well yeah, unless you can interact with other people then I find the game pointless. I Dont get any pleasure from beating a game like this unless its multiplayer and I can abuse other people there who arent as good as me. Its sad, but without anyone there to see my acomplishments, I dont see the point. I can beat the computer over and over, and do this mission and that, but its all the same old formula, nothing new or interesting to it. Now I am older and have less free time, I cant spend all day playing games, so want to get something more out of it, even if it is just spawn camping and killing noobs on call of duty, at least I can laugh at them knowing they are real.

However I do like strategy games, and can spend hours taking over the world in rome or medieval total war, as I find them enjoyable, so I think its just RPG games I dont find interesting.

Consoles are good for having friends round to play, and I would probably have something better than a gamecube if I could afford it. I like the idea of xbox live, but already owning a PC I can already play games online.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Dude, the prostitutes give BLOWJOBS. What could be better?*

*other than an actual blowjob, of course.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Husper wrote:Sandbox or not its still still an RPG to me, just like oblivion and the other games.. you get your character, you play in a fantasy world, you improve him and progress through the world. Just GTA has a hell of a lot of other things to do, which are all equally as pointless.
You don't really improve your character in GTA, unless I am mistaken. Because every time you get taken to the hospital or police station you lose what you had. It would be cool if you could get a little bit faster or stronger (by working out or whatever), but only minorly or else it would seem like a very different game.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

mountainmage wrote:Dude, the prostitutes give BLOWJOBS. What could be better?
um. hilarious.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?