So like

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Jiggz

So like

Post by Jiggz »

Do I have to pretend to be funny or will you all accept me as I am?

So I love the comic and so on and so forth, general ass kissery, etc. I've been browsing this site for a while now, but I know how it works, post count = e-penis size. I've always had a problem with how gender exclusive that scale is, but I digress.

If anyone frequents the cyanide & happiness forums - Explosm - hi. You'll probably know me well. I'm sorry for being an asshole.

I'm from South Africa, a philosophy and psychology student, easily disliked, I like long walks on the beach and I love serial killers.

I'm probably going to become an annoying addition to your little community here. I apologise in advance for being an opinionated know-it-all.

What the fuck is this? :][>:=~+:

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

howdy. welcome to the forum! here's hopefully some terrible answers to your reasonable questions:

We prefer that you pretend to be funny. even the actually funny people on the forum make the effort to pretend as well.

we're pretty good about hazing, etc. i like to think. keep making fun of yourself (and also mountainmage as well) and you'll fit in just fine. Also I like to encourage assholery so don't apologize for it.

Can somebody linky the :][>:=~+: comic? probably someone with the comics downloaded. I don't feel like hitting "previous comic" a million times.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I don't have the comic, but isn't it the "Your mother just cursed you with her final breath while being crushed in a trash compactor" emote? Something like that?
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Jiggz

Post by Jiggz »

Making fun of myself is my forte. Yes, I did learn something in school.

I have no idea what "hazing" is? I'm from a forum where grammar, spelling and anti-AOLism was strictly enforced. Subsequently I get off on not capitalizing the first letter of a sentence. Renegade, I know.

Thanks for the welcome.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Spelling and grammar count, but we aren't ridiculous about that at all (I mean, Hardkore is still here).
In general we are pretty laid back. Except about AOL. AOL sucks. Hard. Though I don't think it has come up.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

hazing is what university fraternities, sports teams, and apparently online forums do to their incoming recruits to test their loyalty and to "put them in their place"

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Yeah a few of the people you talk to in forums will act like they dont like you but deep down there glad to see you.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

HARDKORE wrote:Yeah a few of the people you talk to in forums will act like they dont like you but deep down there glad to see you.
Except with mountainmage
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

TwoBuy wrote:Except with mountainmage
naturally

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ruotwocone wrote:hazing is what university fraternities, sports teams, and apparently online forums do to their incoming recruits to test their loyalty and to "put them in their place"
So we are going to make new posters hold a pickle between their buttcheeks and walk a mile, and every time it drops you have to take a bite?*

*I'm not sure where (what movie/show/whathaveyou) this is from.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

When did I become the new pariah? Jeez, where's Epoch when you need him.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Jiggz

Post by Jiggz »

ruotwocone wrote:hazing is what university fraternities, sports teams, and apparently online forums do to their incoming recruits to test their loyalty and to "put them in their place"
That video would be AWESOME if youtube wasn't blocked at work. But I get the gist, I'm to be humiliated so I know my place as being subservient to the more established members? Am I rite?

I'll have to consult with my god complex before we proceed though.

Jiggz

Post by Jiggz »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Spelling and grammar count, but we aren't ridiculous about that at all (I mean, Hardkore is still here).
In general we are pretty laid back. Except about AOL. AOL sucks. Hard. Though I don't think it has come up.
lol

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Jiggz wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:Spelling and grammar count, but we aren't ridiculous about that at all (I mean, Hardkore is still here).
lol
We do get pretty shirty about postcount++ing though. Also double posting. At least we did once, back when we had balls. Back when there were challenges and gun fights over leadership and followers. When bones were broken, and blood was shed. When men were men, and men were on the internet.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

And on the internet men are men, women are men and children are the FBI.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.