Well Then

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Frostbite
I dunno.

Well Then

Post by Frostbite »

With 8 minutes left in the third and Detroit up 3-2 I think its safe to say they have won the Stanley Cup. Its pretty easy to win when you get away with damn near everything and the teams you play get phantom calls left and right.

Detroit still sucks.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Hahahahahaha. Not quite, though, eh? Beautiful persistence by Talbot. And Malkin was definitely the unsung hero of the play (even got his assist switched to Crosby). But he tied up the defender perfectly, so that Talbot could poke away at it, and beat the less nimble Osgood (in comparison to Fleury, anyways).
I do love seeing the goalie-pulled man-advantage actually work, as it so seldom does.
As I'm typing here it is 4 min left in the 2nd OT.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Nearly halfway through 3rd OT, Hudler gets 4min for a highstick causing injury, and about 30 seconds into the powerplay Sykora threads a beautiful glove-side-high shot past Osgood, a defender and Malone, who was doing a fantastic job screening (despite taking a slapshot to the face from his own player, breaking his nose, when screening earlier in the game)
Fleury and the Pens force a sixth.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

That was absolutely beautiful. I would even call it poetic. I really love those fellows at NBC, rant and rave about the Wings and especially Osgood like they are/he is the best thing ever. He had like what? 26 saves or something. Fleury had like 53.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Mother !@$%@#$^!!!!!! I can't believe I went to judo tonight instead of staying home to watch the game! I left with about 6 minutes left feeling like it was a lost cause. On a side note, the NBC announcers are the exact reason I always watch the playoff games on CBC. Ron MacLean rocks my socks.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

This just in: hockey still sucks. Am I just perpetuating my status as pariah? Maybe. But my voice shall be heard nonetheless!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I live in Texas and as such do not have CBC.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I live in Australia, and thus do not know, or give a, shit about about your strange futebul. Or Gridiron as we call it over here, or rugby, or some shit. Soccer, whatever, who cares.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Ditto. Though I have to admit to jumping on the soccer bandwagon after Australia qualified for the World Cup.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Frostbite wrote:I live in Texas and as such do not have CBC.
maybe you should move to a real state then.
Simon. wrote:I live in Australia, and thus do not know, or give a, shit about about your strange futebul. Or Gridiron as we call it over here, or rugby, or some shit. Soccer, whatever, who cares.
umm... Hockey. You know, the one with that mystical ice stuff you've probably never seen before and the legal fighting.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

At least it is more real than states such as Maryland, Arizona, Vermont, New Hampshire and many others.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

ruotwocone wrote:umm... Hockey. You know, the one with that mystical ice stuff you've probably never seen before
It's true! What the fuck is ice? It certainly sounds mystical. Is it something like Hugh Jackman?
Not a big fan of signatures.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Frostbite wrote:At least it is more real than states such as Maryland, Arizona, Vermont, New Hampshire and many others.
oh man, provoking texans is so much fun. all you have to do is imply that texas isn't the greatest place in the world and they all start foaming at the mouth.

also, i understand texans hating Vermonteers and New Hampshirians being all full of hippies and libertarians. I also possibly get hating on arizona as it's nearly adjacent and there might be a rivalry thing there... i dunno. But Maryland!? where's the beef there? Not an orioles fan?

edit: and on a side note i once heard some guy in houston talking about how texas has the best, most important history of anywhere in the world. which was awesome because he was explaining this to a tourist from greece. classic.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:Mother !@$%@#$^!!!!!! I can't believe I went to judo tonight instead of staying home to watch the game! I left with about 6 minutes left feeling like it was a lost cause. On a side note, the NBC announcers are the exact reason I always watch the playoff games on CBC. Ron MacLean rocks my socks.
Mine as well. I caught most of the game. Missed a portion of the third because a friend I haven't seen in about 2 years showed up at the bar we were watching at, then we left and when we got back to my friends house, Detroit had gone up 3-2. Watched the last half of the third, and 1st OT at his place, but he needed to be up at 6:00 this morning (he ended up seeing it all, while he was falling asleep, and luckily for him, rainy, thundery weather sent him home after only a few hours of landscaping), so I left, and made it back for most of the 2nd and all the 3rd OT. He has cable, I do not, and my reception was piss poor. Luckily they had it streaming on the CBC site, so it was small screen, but good enough.
Ron Maclean is fun, Don Cherry is great, and Kelly Hrudey is even growing on me, even though he will never be a replacement for Cherry.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

ruotwocone wrote:But Maryland!? where's the beef there? Not an orioles fan?
I'm back...and all I can say is Baltimore Orioles number one!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away