Street Fighter 4

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Street Fighter 4

Post by HARDKORE »

Last edited by HARDKORE on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

woah. Looks like they're going to make it a street fighter game instead of some anime crap. Maybe I'll actually play it!
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I don't really care for it.
Early on I was more of a Mortal Kombat guy, while later it was all about Soul Calibre.
I just never cared for the Street Fighter series.
Plus, I'm too spoiled as a gamer (though I'm not much of a gamer, compared to most in my demographic), I think. Soul Calibre is the only one that I really feel has translated well into these next generation games.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I've gotta say I really enjoyed Soul Calibre on the game cube. It just shat over the other fighting games of the time, especially Mortal Kombat. I played the Wii version, and that was just a pile of fucking shit. But that was expected, it was never going to be anything good. Soul Calibre was really fluent though, and worked really well, also we only found one continual attack that was hax to everyone but a pro. Something other fighting games are just too full of.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Soul Calibre on the Dreamcast was best. I did really enjoy the one for GameCube, I just didn't care for the way they introduced non-SC-universe characters for the sequel. Link was alright, but that the game was different for every platform, introducing some other character from another game was kind of dumb. If you would've taken the non-SC character out, it would've been fantastic, in my opinion.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I have not played it but its been a while since i dont a good old fassion sonic boom. Man i love those games.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I agree Soulcalibur was a good fighting game, although it did have confusing and overpowered combo attacks. And I'll admit, it was pretty cool how they added Link/Spawn/The other guy into the different ports of Soulcalibur. My favorite Soulcalibur character is Yoshimitsu, but they kind of changed how he looked in the Soulcalibur IV, and now he looks pretty dumb.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

mountainmage wrote:I agree Soulcalibur was a good fighting game,
I see what you did there. I never liked Yoshimitsu, I was more of a Kilik(?) and (I can't remember her name, she had two little hand weapons, Mia or something? I can't remember, those little bladed things. You know the ones, that go up your forearm. She was great). Ooh! Talim? I think that was her name, she was awesome. Soul Calibur 2 was the best, IMO. Since it's the only one I played.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I remember playing it on a stand-up arcade system, before they closed down the arcade. Sigh...a freakin petsmart took its place.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Oh waitaminute, was Yoshimitzu the crazy guy with like a clockwork arm? Yeah he was awesome. For some reason I thought it was the generic asian guy. With his hobo robe.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I've only played the soulcalibur games a couple of times, but had a blackbelt in soul blade. Enough of one, in fact, to school the shit out of all my friends who were apparently "experts" in soulcaliburII. Chumps. It's always been about mitsurugi and taki for me.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

TwoBuy wrote:I've only played the soulcalibur games a couple of times, but had a blackbelt in soul blade. Enough of one, in fact, to school the shit out of all my friends who were apparently "experts" in soulcaliburII. Chumps. It's always been about mitsurugi and taki for me.
I'm a big fan of Kilik. He's my go-to. Occasionally I'll use Mitsurugi since he also has good range, but a different set of techs. I've never been terribly good with the small quick players. It's too bad, because sometimes you really need them. I also enjoy Cervantes* and Yoshimitsu. For Soul Calibre, I enjoyed using Lizard Man, but he was essentially useless by the sequel.

*I particularly like Cervantes for the names of his weapons and such in SC2. All references to underworld mythology.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Yeah, I like to use Nightmare/Yoshimitsu as my main characters. And this is why I didn't like Yoshimitsu's look in II. http://www.angelfire.com/ca5/SFGang/sou ... imitsu.jpg

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

For that, your are angelfired!

Seriously, though. Linky no worky.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

linky worky with simple cut and paste...
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird