Time for new discussion

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Jiggz

Time for new discussion

Post by Jiggz »

One that contains references I understand. And hopefully no in-jokes. Unless of course I'm in on the in-jokes. Which is pretty much impossible since I'm barely 14 posts in.

Now that I've pretty much restricted conversation to bullshit, you may proceed in telling me what a presumptuous prick I am. Obviously using references I understand and in-jokes that involve me. :][>:=~+: (It's a Mexican whipping a horse, drawing a cart filled with oranges and marihuana, duh)

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Actually I was going to save the name-calling to the thread where you said philosophy was just ism-on-ism action. But here works too.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I already told you what that emote is. Pay attention.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

What a presumptuous prick, amirite?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Jiggz

Post by Jiggz »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Actually I was going to save the name-calling to the thread where you said philosophy was just ism-on-ism action. But here works too.
Of course I don't think that. I was just waiting for someone to agree with me so I could call them stupid. Then throw around a few ten syllable words with -ism on the end, quote some obscure reference, contort its meaning to fit with my perspective and claim dialectical victory!
Last edited by Jiggz on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jiggz

Post by Jiggz »

I just saw this: http://www.thebookofbiff.com

I was struck by the similarity of the humour. An SMBC rip off or is there some underlying internet truth that I'm not yet aware of, but that nonetheless proves what a newb I am?

Do I ask too many loaded questions?

Jesus, I can't stop... can I?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Biff isn't even close to a ripoff. It has a very unique style. And has advertised on SMBC multiple times before.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Its fun to read every now and again. I mean to check it every once awhile then I forget until I see the ad for it. That means I get a good like 3 weeks worth of comics in and feel like I accomplished...something or other.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

never read it. Probably never will. There ads just aren't compelling enough.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I am just wondering. Got anything wrong with Mad. Mr newman has been funny to me but some of the stuf fi seen around him is awsome. I will check out that biff soemtime if u want i will give you shameless plug.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

HARDKORE wrote:I am just wondering. Got anything wrong with Mad. Mr newman has been funny to me but some of the stuf fi seen around him is awsome. I will check out that biff soemtime if u want i will give you shameless plug.
i've read this 3 times now and still can't figure out if it's english or not. who is Mad? and who are you offering to shamelessly plug?

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

You never read Mad

Its kinda funny. I will shamelessly plug smbc if u want. I got alot of friends who read mad.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I read a few MAD magazines when we forced to do reading in the school library. It's mainly just parodies of some newly released movie or hit TV show with with typically 'gross-out' illustrations. The parodies have their funny points, but its mostly the drawings that put me off.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

MAD magazine is supposed to be all caps, although with the Mr. Newman reference i should have put 2 and 2 together (shame on me why not). I think the issue most of us will have with MAD is that the target audience is 9-14 year olds. I loved the mag when i was younger, but i probably wouldn't find it nearly as awesome today.

Jiggz

Post by Jiggz »

Frostbite wrote:Its fun to read every now and again. I mean to check it every once awhile then I forget until I see the ad for it. That means I get a good like 3 weeks worth of comics in and feel like I accomplished...something or other.
Ya, mildly fun to be honest. The most it got out of me was a raised eye brow and an eager smile. It's a little repetitive.