Official Guest Art Sticky

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Homsar5675 wrote:BWahahahahhaAAAAA... right... so... yeah... I'll do what I want.
This piece is open to constructive criticism, right?

Your form shows an ingenious style choice, simple and unfettered. The "proto-penis" area of the domineering, mentally-abusive male figure is steeped in symbolism. His would-be fang on the left of his mouth, an aesthetic so seldom used in art of this calibre, is devilishly heart-wrenching. Meanwhile, the arms-from-below-the-waste depiction of the daughter figure reveal a deep inner struggle behind the piece.

The MS-Paint-inspired brushstrokes are elegantly inspired, and we see a welcome return of the "white background" so popular in such works. The "Color!" statement really brings home a message on the duality of man, and his dichotomous love/hate of his creator (I assume the Unnamed Snake Goddess, given context).

All in all, I give this piece an A-.
Pirate.

Homsar5675

Post by Homsar5675 »

A-! It's better than the stab-in-the-eye I was expecting!
I'm a song from the sixties

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Sorry im late with the stab-in-the-eye, enjoy.
"Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?"

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

Hahaha, most amusing.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Nice work, TwoBuy. :D

Your art is true to the SMBC style, without ever leaving Zach in any doubt as to who should actually be drawing the real comics. However, for your use of cash-register clipart, I can only give your art an A-. If I had noticed you'd used a clipart orca as well, I might have had to reduce that to an A-. Elevating the whole piece, of course, is that your main character is literally smoking the text out. For your use of pro-cancer imagery in a thoughtful way, you get a solid A-.

Looking at the joke, it raises a hearty chuckle, and stays true to the SMBC style. However, because your joke involves sea creatures, I'm afraid you get my lowest mark ever: A-.

Feel I've been unfair? Everyone's entitled to let loose their own built-up spleen juice on my own contribution, seen below.

Pirate.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Yeah, and the person is from a SMBC (though the magic wand didn't work perfectly so I had to redraw some of him - the crappy looking parts, as is the background. And the Orca's from google. <shhhh, don't tell>

I have the natural art ability of ass fat, but I'm good enough with Paint Shop Pro.
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
Oh

Homsar5675

Post by Homsar5675 »

Nah, yours is much more sexy than mine is. Then again I just took 5 seconds to draw on my screen with my sexy tablet pc. Good times. I liked your joke more than mine though. I just took 5 seconds (if that) to punch myself in the face and write down the first thing that spewed out of my mouth. So a total of about 10 seconds for my comic? Schweet. I guess I had to upload it to photobucket though... that took another 5 seconds... dammmmmnnnnnn this whole webcomic thing is sucking away my time. I retire.
I'm a song from the sixties

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

So, since I got some much crap from GreenCrayon, here's an SMBC guest strip without using any stollen pictures/clipart. Note the thinking balloon is a vector shape and therefor no different than using a rect or oval shape ;)

Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I suppose it would help if I knew who Jeffrey Dahmer was.

STOP: Google time!

Hmm, A serial killer you say? Who "killed his male lovers to prevent them from rejecting him." Sounds like my kinda guy. Except for the name Dahmer, if it wasn't for that, I'd be all over that shiz.*

*No, no I wouldn't. Please don't take that seriously.
Not a big fan of signatures.

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

Dammit. I create a new kind of stupidity, and already there are people better at it than I.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Simon. wrote:Hmm, A serial killer you say? Who "killed his male lovers to prevent them from rejecting him." Sounds like my kinda guy.
Also ate his victems. Google missed that part I guess.
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:So, since I got some much crap from GreenCrayon, here's an SMBC guest strip without using any stollen pictures/clipart.
I didn't mean to offend, and you were more than welcome to criticise my own attempt at "drawing". I'll retract my unfair A- score, and try to bridge the gap with an SMBC done entirely with stolen clipart. It's all from Clips Ahoy!, though I don't recommend visiting there, as the popups are a nuisance.

You were right, TwoBuy. I should be more environmentally conscious; recycle more pixels. Even my frame is from an old SMBC. My joke is probably recycled too, but I don't know for sure.

Pirate.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

GreenCrayon wrote:You know what you must do.
Get male ladybugs to start handin' out black eyes if their women ever leave the house?
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:Get male ladybugs to start handin' out black eyes if their women ever leave the house?
Heh heh, you said "male lady". :)
Pirate.