Speed Runs

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Speed Runs

Post by mountainmage »

Does anyone else watch these?

Yeah, it's "more fun" to play it yourself, but I like watching people beat games in the fastest time possible. There are some that are particularly impressive, such as the Portal run.
http://speeddemosarchive.com/
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Re: Speed Runs

Post by Sahan »

My friend (A Halo fanatic) has made me watch many speed runs of Halo, whilst strapped to a chair and gagged. I suppose it's kinda cool seeing how ingenious some of the methods used by the players are, and how well they manage to exploit the game.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Eww, I hate when friends make you watch stuff you clearly don't want to see.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

mountainmage wrote:Eww, I hate when friends make you watch stuff you clearly don't want to see.
Too much details.

Also, your friends are weird. And the police can be called if there was funny touches at some point.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

*Points to the crotch area of the doll*

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Sahan wrote:whilst strapped to a chair and gagged..
So uh....how can I contact this friend of yours? I mean, for...research...purposes?
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Wanna hear something weird? I begin watching a "Legend of Mana" speed run, but then realize the Daily Show is on. I decide, "Ok, I'll watch it during commercials." So then Jon Stewart interviews Phillip Seymour Hoffman for his new movie "Doubt". They don't show much of what the movie is about, so I decide to wiki it. I go to Wikipedia and guess what their featured article was? The article about the Mana series. Mind officially blown.

Rayler

Post by Rayler »

If you have a NES emulator, try playing Super Mario Bros Forever, its a hack of the original Super Mario Bros and it lasts forever....

Then when you fail at finishing it watch the speed runs on youtube which people have finished the game in a little over 4 minutes. Shows that either you suck at mario or that people have no life (or a combination of both)

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Kaizo Mario World (a.k.a. Asshole Mario) is much harder than Super Mario Forever, and it's just as fun to watch.

Rayler

Post by Rayler »

I just watched it then, and I'll have to agree with you

Even Chuck Norris is scared of that :shock:

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I've known about it for a while, but I only recently watched every stage of both the original and sequel. As someone who likes watching speedruns, these were pretty amusing to watch. The level design is diabolical, and hilarious. Kudos to the guy who made it, and the friend of his with the patience to beat it.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Rayler wrote:I just watched it then, and I'll have to agree with you

Even Chuck Norris is scared of that :shock:
Chuck Norris keeps his beard perfectly rugged through sheer will. When he wakes up in the morning, he checks every hair. If one gets out of line, he will round house kick the single hair back into his face so that it is at an apropriate level.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Rayler

Post by Rayler »

Instead of turning this into a Chuck Norris thread, (good idea anyway) I'd like to point the topic back to speed runs...

Good link to that archive, except most of the speed runs are pretty big downloads for people with small bandwidths (no replacing bandwidth with other words)

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Yeah, if you don't have a lot of bandwidth some of the longer runs or higher quality videos may be a problem for you. Luckily, I don't suffer from that problem. Plus, a lot of videos have the option to watch them in an embedded flash, or on archive.org.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

people still exist without highspeed internet?