Get to know your SMBCers!

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Re: Get to know your SMBCers!

Post by AHMETxRock »

One day, I'll build a computer program that can love. And instead of making a robot and marrying it like those poor saps do in the sci fi movies, I'll make an interactive educational cd for you. Mabey your heart can grow three sizes more.

Ya know, I have a strong grasp on grammar and spelling. IN middle school, I had one literature course, one english course, and one latin course. The three effectively covered the components of how to read, how to spell, and how to grammar-ficate.
Had the topic been of any merit, I would show the matter the attention of the typical three year old. Or should I say, the average literacy rate among darned kids these days.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

AHMETxRock wrote:Mabey you should worry less about spelling of words, and more on the deliverance!
I always worry about The Deliverance.
Yeah, I know it's spelt maybe, but it doesn't sound right. What makes more sense, a word following the basic constructs of the english language (when speaking english at least, no need to be idignorant) or follow the grammar rule invented hundreds of years before me, when the conept of language is prone to so much change?

I Honestly fear what will happen, though, in the future. The internet and Instant Messaging sure has made an impact on the average ability of a student in writing. They write as they would speak verbally. I make intentional mispellings through personal belief, they massacre the langauge to write lol.
It doesn't sound right? Well it is.
Following the basic constructs of the english language? Give me 3 instances where an "ey" at the end of a word makes an "ee" sound.
Ignoring grammar rules because the rules change? Do you not obey laws under the same justification? Do you not vote because governments change so often?
Your personal beliefs about poor spelling are far more of an assault on the english language than people using an acronym in web conversation. I agree that LOL is awful, but if the same number of people were to take the haphazard, however-I-spell-words-is-fine approach, it would kill the language far faster.
Wrapping your poor spelling in the flag of relativist belief?
If you would've just cited indifference, I would've been fine with it, but this purposeful ignorance is troubling.
So yeah, the burn would involve you, wolf, your sister, and something about you being ugly. I forgot it already. I'm submitting my final essay on racism and sexism, however. It feels wrong
I have a feeling that there was either no "burn" or it wasn't nearly as good as it is being made out to be.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

It's more effective with a literal sister, rather than a theoretical sister.

And common, too narrow of a focus.
M-a-b-e-y
m-a-y-b-e

vowel consonant vowel rule. A-b-e. A is pronounced. y can function as a vowel, so it counts as a strange alternative. Also, the letter y makes the sound anyways, so who cares if there is the letter E before the letter y?

but the correct spelling does nothing to justify the "ee' sound at the end. It's terrible.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I assume common (come on) is another of your "It's spelt [sic] however I like" words.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Don't be coming into my crib, telling me I'm whack!
I'll shank ya in ya ribs, leave ya rigor mortis on ya back!
You think you know grammar but you don't know jack!
You better watch for what i'm spittin it's an Enlightened attack.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Guys, spelt is acceptable.

Wiki

ESL forums

wordweb online lookup and

Merriam Webster3

It's apparently more british-ish, but it does exist.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I did say I use british spellings occasionally.

No need to worry about credibility here. We're like the american government.
Now IF THIS WERE A BLOG I WAS MAKING, THEN SHIT WOULD BE SERIOUS.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

AHMETxRock wrote:Also, the letter y makes the sound anyways, so who cares if there is the letter E before the letter y?

but the correct spelling does nothing to justify the "ee' sound at the end. It's terrible.
Sure, the "e" at the end doesn't justify an "ee" sound. I'll give you that. But tacking on a "y" is ridiculous. Granted, I have since thought of several words where "ey" sounds like "ee", but certainly a simple double "e" would be the most effective.
Either way, though, it is intentional ignorance.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

IF we try weally, weally hawd, couwd we change the wanguage?

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

AHMETxRock wrote:IF we try weally, weally hawd, couwd we change the wanguage?
Language will always change. Words come into fashion and out of fashion often. But the real question is, should we lower ourselves to such ignorant levels to believe that we can say "mabey" and justify it to a room full of people?
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!

Well, it is a single distinction I've held for years. For example, my turkish last name contains a special character of "S" which is not prominent in english usage. It means you won't pronounce my name correctly, and that I can't spell it correctly on any sort of english system. So, I mark it as the character anyways! I do not choose to omit the letter, I simply do not divulge the information to those who must read my signature!

And if you wanna go into ignorance, all I have to do is pick up any popular magazine and then somehow blame you for propogating this ideals, because you refuse to be ignorant enough to question your values.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Ugh, I'm going to bed. This is just too much drivel for one man to handle.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

AHMETxRock wrote:And if you wanna go into ignorance, all I have to do is pick up any popular magazine and then somehow blame you for propogating this ideals, because you refuse to be ignorant enough to question your values.
Selective nihilism is your game, is it?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Dismissing the importance of others in their own lives arouses me.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

mountainmage wrote:Damn it, I need to ask my mom to have a baby girl quick, otherwise your joke won't work!
Yes. Tell your mother to have a baby girl now. That way when I'm going through my mid-life crisis in 20 years I can sleep with your sister and claim I was told to do so on the forum.

Ok. Who the hell taught Ahmet how to increase the font? I've noticed he is doing it a lot lately so I assume its a new skill he recently learned.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop