What games do you fancy?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: What games do you fancy?

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Asherian wrote:Honestly if the kid can't tell at 10 that whats on tv isn't what should be in reality then someone's already missed a lesson or twelve he should have gotten. I played/watched my parents play violent video games since I was a wee tot(true when I was little Castle Wolfenstein was near the cutting edge for graphic violence.)
I remember not being allowed to play Wolfenstein. Well, not outrightly, but my dad never played it while we were around, and when asked, he would just say that it was a video game that was for older people, or something. It never piqued my interest enough to sneak a play or anything.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Technically my father was againist me playing/witnessing it. My uncle who was 15 at the time other hand saw no problem with playing it while I watched/asked questions.

My dad wouldn't let us have squirt or nerf guns though cause he doesn't think its right for a child's toy to make light of fire arms. (He's not anti-gun, just anti-causal gun)
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

in some kind of anti-ashe childhood - my parents had no problems with me having nerf weapons despite being avidly anti-gun (which i am as well). They also didn't care what video games i played. I guess they assumed that they raised me well enough that i wouldn't confuse video games with real life.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

It was only gun violence too.. we were pefectly encouraged in beating each other up with various false weaponry. My father is crazed though, thats what you get from SCA members and the like.

Anti-ashe childhood? Did you also stay living in the same place for longer then 6 months or not have access to power tools since before you could actually lift them? Or do the perpendicularattude end with guns? (No its not a word, but damnit you know what I meant.)

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

And more importantly, could reuniting your two childhoods make a sufficiently big explosion?
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

If only the guns? No.. if more? ... it has potential!

We'll have to compare oddly trivial details, so we can calculate it out. Maybe we can turn a small city glow in the dark?

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Asherian wrote:If only the guns? No.. if more? ... it has potential!

We'll have to compare oddly trivial details, so we can calculate it out. Maybe we can turn a small city glow in the dark?
Is there even enough kraft dinner for such a task?

Oh oh!?! A sign that i'm canadian, a small but very potential derail, and a commentary of food in modern societies all at once, while ignoring the tracks of the current topic? Can it get better than that?

Yes. Sadly.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

How does mac n' cheese make people glow in the dark? Or, did they make glow-in-the dark macaroni? Or, does Canadia have some sort of glow-in-the-dark thing called Kraft? All pressing issues that need answers.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Favourite Kraft Dinner commercial? I have two: The one with the upside-down chins singing "I love that cheesy taste," and the one with the boy who eats a whole pot of KD and starts glowing orange, which is followed immediately by the one with the girl who's sitting in the dark during a thunderstorm (I guess the power's out), and she's eating a plate full of KD that's doubling as a reading light. Of course, I'm not sure how well the people at Kraft thought that one out......"Eat Kraft Dinner for that healthy radioactive glow?" Lol.
From there. Of course the video of said commercial is now hard to find, since it wasn't such a good idea to try and sell their product that way.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Sounds vaguely familiar. It must be an old one though, because I usually have an annoyingly good memory when it comes to commercials.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Man, I would eat a dinner that made me awesome and radioactive.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Who wouldn't?

Vince

Post by Vince »

I don't know, the thought of making glowing poops is kind of unsettling.
I wish I was queer so I could get chicks.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

You obviously haven't eaten fruit gushers. It's funny as hell.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Vince wrote:I don't know, the thought of making glowing poops is kind of unsettling.
Says the fellow with the Vault Boy from Fallout as his avatar.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.