The NFL Thread

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Unfortunately none of the teams I was cheering for went through this weekend.
ditto. next week i'ma pull for San Diego over Pittsburgh, Tennessee over Baltimore, and I don't really care who wins the NFC games. I guess I'll probably root for New York and Carolina, but I have no problems with Arizona or Philly.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Well Miami lost 21-9, needless to say some of my friends are disappointed. Luckily, I don't follow sports.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I'm just glad Miami made the playoffs, that has to feel great after a one win season.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

So... Steelers and Cardinals. Discuss.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

!#$@#$%ing Steelers! If the refs give them another Super Bowl Ima be so pissed off. Also, if you've watched the Cardinals play the last 2 weeks of the regular season plus the playoffs, Larry Fitzgerald has been the best player in the NFL at any position. It hasn't mattered how good the coverage has been or even if they put 2 or 3 guys on him, he still catches everything. It's been ridiculous!

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

What a terrible and disappointing Super Bowl.

It was a cold day in hell yesterday, because the Cardinals won.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I was dragged to a sports bar where we watched the end of the steelers/ravens game. I don't really care, but I thought it would have been funny if it had been a bird battle in the super bowl.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:!#$@#$%ing Steelers! If the refs give them another Super Bowl Ima be so pissed off. Also, if you've watched the Cardinals play the last 2 weeks of the regular season plus the playoffs, Larry Fitzgerald has been the best player in the NFL at any position. It hasn't mattered how good the coverage has been or even if they put 2 or 3 guys on him, he still catches everything. It's been ridiculous!
I thought it was funny that there was a suspicious call in yesterday's game too (at the end of the first half). That was not running into the kicker. It ultimately didn't matter because time ran out on the drive and Steelers didn't didn't get any points out of it, but still.
I haven't heard anything about McGahee. Any word?
I'm predicting 4 or more picks in the Superbowl. Arizona's back-field is great, and if Heinz Ward can't play (which I doubt), they will probably be able to snag a few. And Arizona is predictable with no real run offense, so the Steelers can game-plan, and probably manage a few picks themselves.
Ultimately I'm cheering for Arizona because they just have so many players I really enjoy. Fitzgerald is one of the most exciting players to watch in the league. I really like almost all of their back-field. Wilson is great. Rolle is fantastic. Rodgers-Cromartie is one of the best defensive rookies out there this season. I used to like Parker, but he's been so absent over the past two years. And Polamalu is one of the best back-fielders in the league, certainly the best safety. His play yesterday was outstanding in every facet. Man is he smart and aware of what is going on. His pick-6 and sack were both clear examples of that.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote: And Polamalu is one of the best back-fielders in the league, certainly the best safety. His play yesterday was outstanding in every facet. Man is he smart and aware of what is going on. His pick-6 and sack were both clear examples of that.
don't get me started on that douche. most. overrated. player. ever. if he didn't have that haircut, nobody would know who the hell he was.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Agreed.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote: And Polamalu is one of the best back-fielders in the league, certainly the best safety. His play yesterday was outstanding in every facet. Man is he smart and aware of what is going on. His pick-6 and sack were both clear examples of that.
don't get me started on that douche. most. overrated. player. ever. if he didn't have that haircut, nobody would know who the hell he was.
I agree that the hair gets him far more attention, but the awareness on the sack and pick 6 were better than most defensive players.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

So.... Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick? Comments? Questions? Conspiracies?

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

All of the above. I'm going to make you guess what my questions, comments and conspiracies are though.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

more importantly, the 'hawks are making moves - and good or bad it should at least be exciting (although the hawks have a great front office and it's pretty rare that a player really hurts us anymore... it's weird actually trusting your team to make the right choices for once).

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:more importantly, the 'hawks are making moves - and good or bad it should at least be exciting (although the hawks have a great front office and it's pretty rare that a player really hurts us anymore... it's weird actually trusting your team to make the right choices for once).
Yeah, and you guys actually have a WR! Rather than a smattering of mediocre ones who get hurt every third game.

As for the Cassel trade, I wonder if the Chiefs had some proof of more instances of taping or something. I have a hard time believing Belichick learned his lesson, and that trade is just far too one-sided to ignore. Conspiracy theory, sure. But too much is suspect about that trade.