Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Re: Obama to Name Nobel Physicist to DOE Head

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:
mountainmage wrote:That's why I always brought lunch. It wasn't hot, but it was a small price to pay for decent food. Now that I'm in college, I have a Quizno's, Wendy's, a Chinese place, and an Italian place all on campus. It's a dream come true!
no culinary dream is complete without curry. also quality sushi, but this can be excused if you aren't near to fresh salmon or tuna.
I agree with the former, but not the latter.
I love seafood, prepared right. Sushi, for me, isn't prepared right.
Curry however, I love. In nearly any variety.
don't you live inland though? there is no way that i would eat sushi in north america if i wasn't on the west coast, and even then you need to find the right places. sushi is a very fickle mistress. we luck out curry and sushi wise here just because of the ridiculous number of indian and japanese immigrants.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ruotwocone wrote:don't you live inland though? there is no way that i would eat sushi in north america if i wasn't on the west coast, and even then you need to find the right places. sushi is a very fickle mistress. we luck out curry and sushi wise here just because of the ridiculous number of indian and japanese immigrants.
Inland enough, for your purposes. I would probably try it if I went somewhere and someone insisted it was awesome, otherwise, I'm just not that interested.

Also... sweet, I just got an error message saying you can only imbed 3 quotes within eachother. I nearly always edit down my quotes, and I didn't realize that I had 3 before, so I just found out about it. Good rule.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

On the old layout we could we quote until the cows come home! This daggum new layout is topsy-turvy!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

What?! You mean we can't have a post that is a page long just from quotes anymore?
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Frostbite wrote:What?! You mean we can't have a post that is a page long just from quotes anymore?
Only if you quote inanely long post. Or possibly use multiple quotes.. It just won't let you nest them past 3, so you'll have to start a new quote group after that..
I think, its purely theoretical cause I don't feel like testing it.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Asherian wrote:
Frostbite wrote:What?! You mean we can't have a post that is a page long just from quotes anymore?
Only if you quote inanely long post. Or possibly use multiple quotes.. It just won't let you nest them past 3, so you'll have to start a new quote group after that..
Well, I think the longest quote chain got to around 8 or 9 nested quotes, but that's not too bad considering some forums.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

mountainmage wrote:
Asherian wrote:
Well, I think the longest quote chain got to around 8 or 9 nested quotes, but that's not too bad considering some forums.
Maybe we should find out...?
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Hell, I'm always up for some delicious ++.

Edit: 3 is the limit.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

GItmo is being closed! Hurray! Hurrah! Booyah!

Obama, there just might be hope for you yet. You might not help fix the problems that america refuses to face, but you sure as hell might not cause a bunch more within the near future while your public opinion is high!
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

he's just trying to get us comfortable with everything before he starts supporting the terrorists and whatnot. he is a half-breed muslin after all.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Omg, secret muslin president?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Man, imagine if he were a muslim. Imagine what would happen to the world.

Wait a minute, you mean obama just said he wouldn't back israel anymore and they just gave up the land they occupied, removed their tolls that have a constant history of preventing the sick and injured from accessing medical treatment at a facility, and even rubuilt the humanitarian aid centers they destroyed, all in one day? And Osama Bin Ladin turned himself in and organized his group into a brokerage company? And everyone in Darfur immigrated to america, and now instead of people fighting over control, they're fighting over who should be stuck with the property taxes?

Damn. That's messed up. No more whitey on top. That sucks. I sure as hell loved telling the cops, ya know, that questionably bred person over there started it first!

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

AHMETxRock wrote:Man, imagine if he were a muslim. Imagine what would happen to the world.

Wait a minute, you mean obama just said he wouldn't back israel anymore and they just gave up the land they occupied, removed their tolls that have a constant history of preventing the sick and injured from accessing medical treatment at a facility, and even rubuilt the humanitarian aid centers they destroyed, all in one day? And Osama Bin Ladin turned himself in and organized his group into a brokerage company? And everyone in Darfur immigrated to america, and now instead of people fighting over control, they're fighting over who should be stuck with the property taxes?

Damn. That's messed up. No more whitey on top. That sucks. I sure as hell loved telling the cops, ya know, that questionably bred person over there started it first!
Please, for the love of whatever you hold most dear, honestly tell me that you do not believe that this would happen. Assuming (and boy, that's a big assumption) that this incredibly improbable series of events occurs, there will be resistance from extremist Christians. Actually, I can see it working kind of how Bin Laden has been doing things. Mmmm... delicious parallelism...

Anyway! I can't remember what I was going to say next. Most likely it involved professing an undying love for Ashe, upon discovery that she's a fellow Loonie. I don't know. Seriously, is there anyone on this forum who does not love Ashe? It's like she's some sort of Siren who knows exactly what to say in order to win the hearts and minds of everyone.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Her typing is like honey to my eyes.*

*Fuck, that hurts!

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I was obviously fooling around. I took everything that people would say happened negatively if obama were a muslim as president, and flipped it. Instead of him inviting osama for free bombs and tea, osama gives us the solar panel technology that can harvest more energy from the sunlight then is actually being given off. It's okay, I haven't been around too long and you can't really understand what I'm getting at yet.