Travian

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Travian

Post by ruotwocone »

So many of the webcomics i read have Travian (a turn-based city-building game with the war and stuff) as an advertiser. I decided to try it out and got hooked. Just wondering if anybody else here has played it, and what servers they're on if they are still active. I'm on us4 and us7.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah, I played it earlier this year. It is a good game, if you have plenty of time on your hands. I had to quit though, with this being my final year of high school and all. I might play again after the end of this year (November).
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Sahan

Re: Travian

Post by Sahan »

Ah crap, I'd forgotten about this, and I missed the server restart. You still playing Ruo?
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

I use to play and got as far as 3 cities but then I switched computers and forgot about it. I since switched to Travians. it's like the retarded little brother of Travian just with movement. the movement is the key for me. Its my current internet crack
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

It looks more like Runescape with cartoony animation than a Travian look-alike. Seriously, those guys should do their homework and learn which game they're ripping off before they come up with such dangerously unoriginal names.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Sahan wrote:Ah crap, I'd forgotten about this, and I missed the server restart. You still playing Ruo?
yeah, I'm still on US server 7. us5 is going to restart fairly soon... around the new year i think if you are willing to lower yourself to playing on US servers.

Fueesor457

Time Machine

Post by Fueesor457 »

self-trust is the first secret of success.

Time is a party to the wheel does not stand still, the memory of all the pictures are endless reincarnation of faded, reproduce, or deeply buried, or to heart carved in bone. I would like to take the time machine, go back to my childhood, back to the 17-year-old

Very fond of these words: wind, water passing from the left sparkling corrugated; sunshine through the clouds, leaving the warmth of fishes; years, walked from the woods, leaving the circle ring ... and I ... , in the 17-year-old walked in the tunnel of time, leaving behind what?

Often look to the sky, looking for a beautiful summer. Flocks of birds into the line of sight to the total unexpected and quietly out of sight, leaving only a flap over the residual sound ... ... I always stubbornly believed that the sky, the birds left its traces of white clouds know , the birds have flown.

17 years old, 17 years old, they say this is a sad pain of age, is the long life of the rainy season. Sixteen-year-old I firmly believe that youth, there is no rain fell across the can when I really set foot on the train when the 17-year-old, but was surprised to find that the original sunny world, and suddenly it began to drizzle , thus it was not until the end of a very long journey. Wow leveling, wow gold, Cheap WoW Power Leveling Store wow power leveling, we professionally focused on providing wow powerleveling service and offers 24/7 non-stop power leveling and wow gold service. With the quickest speed and best service we will satisfy your powerleveling aspiration for your game. We only employ the most professional players and assign only those familiar with your specific class to play your characters. So your character can be leveled by our professional players who are expert in World of Warcraft,We have helped thousands of players reached their desired levels at their appointed time. In addition, we have a strong credit standing and the safety of your Wow leveling, wow gold Cheap wow power leveling Store account will be protected forever. Our motto is "Do what you wish!".传奇私服 And our high quality service, good reputation and competitive price will make you enjoy your purchase from us.

Listen to a lot of songs, write a lot of characters, said that there were few, this is my 17-year-old. "Yesterday, I walked step by step, the childish, my childish to me the courage to ... ..." a long time ago when listening to the song, did not think there is such a day, and 17-year-old really want to say goodbye, really want to shallow tunnel A: Oh, I am now after 17. I live every day carefully for fear of missing any period of life time, I want to retain the pride of youth, can be time blatantly walked from my side, I declare to mercilessly: Go, claiming children who put your foot into the adult world ... ...

However, I really want to, want my 17-year-old, could not bear my childish. Like to use the children grow up to call the General himself, like all children of the same stubborn; like wearing a long, long time ago plastic sandals, in the wet streets of a free hand to play in the water, such as his own childhood; like fine weather had squint on the tiny eyes and enjoy the sunshine of love; like a rainy day is no hold up an umbrella body were splashed with a wet ... ... 17-year-old, that is the case, there are too many like it, do not like any of the grounds.

I like to train, like while waiting for passengers to observe their facial expressions, to see them pay for the big pack, look back on their own, they found that all the baggage, only themselves. I am most afraid of, than the car can take a train, let me feel so secure, so quiet. Parallel tracks to extend the distance away, and I, sitting inside a long, happy listening to the train tracks轧过great sense of rhythm echoing the voice of thunder thunder thunder ... ...

Remember that last year's winter, sitting on a train back home, I quietly read a book "One liter of tears," a people crying exciting story. Although already forgot the name of the beautiful girls, but always remember her strength, her courage, her optimism, she's the sun ... ... life is perhaps the case, you will be left to a lot of difficulties or setbacks, hinder or combat, but Equally well-being and happiness would not far away you designate the arrival of ... ...

Want to want to take the subway, because a lot of novels, because few of the "underground railway", however, in this small town, there is no long walk through the subway. Subway never been, such as 17-year-old described by many people even before the merry-go-round do not know what is. However, I love this town. Out last night when the sky was raining non-stop. I rarely go out at night in such a rainy night, immersed in the humid air. Road vehicle traffic, few pedestrians on the road, street lamps exudes a faint yellow glow, the light exposure become sulphureum under the filaments, so the United States ... ... suddenly felt across time and space, to another strange and familiar world. However, the reality is that I did not dream of Dora A time machine, I, or the reality of ordinary women.

Have been doing such a dream: In my 17-year-old quietly asleep on the subway, and no one unexpected to me wake up, there is no clear way bells sounded - although I do not know whether the MTR bells -- there is no standard Putonghua sounded: Dear passengers, life in the first leg up, please get off ... ... I am still deep in sleep, the viaduct has passed, there is a good number of road junctions, which are not tortuous journey, a twinkling of an eye on to, and I, a passenger is not the first nor the last one. 17-year-old, but in my sleep over, let me very nostalgic, but the only thing I can do is to quietly wait for the next train.

18-year-old bus stop, the children claimed that girl looked at the rise of blue sky and white clouds - Oh, stop.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

You fucking spambots are really annoying. Someone make me a mod, I'll edit these posts like fucking mad.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Whereas I would edit them with a cool patience, waiting for them to rear their ugly heads, only to castrate the links with my trusty knife. And, should their form be displeasing to the eye, I could reshape them. Make them more attractive. Possibly even augment them with some form of cybernetic organ, I'm not sure.

Regardless, they will be as works of Art, fit only to be viewed by the finest of our society. However, as punishment for their crime against the forum, they shall be relegated to the status of chew toys to be played with by the Blind Puppy for our entertainment. And we will laugh! Oh, how we will laugh at the antics, as the Unseeing fumblingly caresses the Unfeeling, for Justice will truly be served.

But I will not stop there! I shall then breed the Canid with the Machine, in order to create the perfect weapon. I will then unleash it upon the other forums, wreaking havoc and laying waste to all that stand in the path of The True Forum. We will hit the forums of lesser webcomics first, to insure that none shall rise to usurp SMBC.

Then, and only then, shall we annihilate our most hated foe, Christina Strawberry. Once that is accomplished, there is no end to the Utopia that shall rise with SMBC taking it's rightful place in the World of Webcomics. Surely none can deny me the right to create this Nirvana, for only I can bring this future into Reality.

This message has been brought to you by the campaign to make Edminster a Mod
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

Both candidates show a strong zero-tolerance appraoch to spambots, but their policies on AOLisms and unruly forum members remain as yet unclear. I think I'll have to wait for the televised debate before I can be making any decisions.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

My platform is: Hey, I may not have seniority over Ed, but look at my post count! It's HUGE! Also, I'll clean up spam bots, etc. etc.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

My opponent claims that he will "Et cetera, et cetera", but can he truly deliver? Even if he can deliver on it, does this Forum really need that many 'other things'? We have been informed about the hazards of expansion by the venerable Twocone, but does my opponent heed these wise words?

No! In fact, this 'mountainmage' character would have us expand until we could no longer navigate through all of the subforums in a single day! Does this seem like the behaviour of a person commited to keeping this Forum agile and able to strike with minimal effort? My sources* say no.

My opponent also brings up the issue of my relatively low postcount. Clearly he has not heard of Calvin Coolidge, nor is he aware that Theodore Roosevelt cautioned people to "Speak softly**". He seems rather unaware of the history of our nation, to not heed such wisdom.

As for the very intelligent gentleman who raised the question about unruly members and AOLism, let me just say this: Everyone must start somewhere. Why, I can recall a time when I was a 'n00b', posting irrelevant information under an 'Internet Pseudonym', or as the youngsters would call it, an 'e-pen-name'.

However, with time and appropriate guidance from those who are better than me, I have become what I am today. That being said, I am of the opinion that with proper coaching, prompt beatings (when necessary), and a little surgical modification, any individual from the AOLspace can be a productive member of the forum.

As for unruly members, I must admit that I am still experimenting with ways to curb their aggressive tendencies. Right now I am finding moderate success with a strict regimen of electroshock therapy immediately followed by a stern talking-to.

I think I have covered everything that was brought up, so let me close this post with a heartfelt promise that, if elected, I will ascend to a higher plane of existence.

Vote Edminster. Because I clearly have too much time on my hands.

ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'm Mountainmage, and I approved this message.

Some people say my opponent is an ugly space-hooker and has Flancer. They're absolutely right.

This message brought to you by the committee to elect Mountainmage as SMBC mod.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Is there no low that my opponent will stoop to? Rather than objectively refuting my claims, he tries dredging up what he believes are shameful secrets. The joke is on him, for I have never made it a secret that I once battled the dreaded Flancer, as seen in this post from 1947:
Edminster wrote:Hey! I just got back from the Doc's, and apparently I am 100% free from the ravages of Flancer! Well, they won't know for absolutely certain for another five years, but here's hoping!
And the allegation that I am a Space-hooker? Clearly preposterous. All of my whoring was strictly limited to on-planet sexual contact. Unless of course he believes that being a member of the Mile-High Club counts as 'interplanetary whoring'. If that is the case, he is mentally defective, and should be released into my custody for experimentation.

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Can I be the independant? I want to continue the trend of not having my voice heard.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.