Grow, baby, grow!

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Grow, baby, grow!

Post by mountainmage »

I don't know if you've heard about these, but they're fun as hell (at least until you memorize the combination).

It's called Grow, and there's 6 games plus 4 mini-grows.

http://www.eyezmaze.com/

You click (or in some cases drag) an object to place on the stage, and as you put more on they will level up depending on if you put them in the right order. The goal of the game is to grow every object to its maximum level, resulting in an awesomely animated congratulation message. The music isn't half-bad either.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Grow, baby, grow!

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I just beat the grow tower one. Nearly gave up but tried one more time and beat it.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

And that was just 5 panels! Try beating RPG or Cube. Those are hard.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

i also just finished beating it. it's kinda a fun puzzle even if it is largely guesswork at first. the animations are really catchy though.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Yeah, except for the tower, most of it is guesswork. In tower, you can deduce the order by viewing what each piece does as it levels up, and placing them accordingly. It's a fun version of trial and error!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

There were a few I ended up beating by deducing how far they leveled and what they do.
RPG I nearly got, but ended up getting frustrated and bored and cheated.
I spent more time on Cube than I should have, and ended up just cheating. The tube really threw me off on that one (I never would've figured putting it that early). I did have the first couple right consistently (I think I was hitting water, man and vegetation in the first three nearly every time), it was past that where I couldn't figure it.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater! Man, I love roasted pumpkin seeds.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

That was fun. I never would have thought of using (blank) first. And then I thought (blank) and (blank) should have been one after another, and I was completely wrong!
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Finished Tower, working on Cube. I managed to max level 4 of the items but that's as far as I've gotten.

EDIT: Finished tower, the trick is to time everything so that each of the little guys has something to do each turn.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I think this game would be much quicker to complete if I wrote down how long certain objects need to mature to max. That seems to be taking away the fun. On the RPG, I can't get the pink shop or the forest to mature at all. Either I need to rework to order, or I'm using the sea wrong or something. I'll figure it out later.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah, guessing how long each takes to mature is a good indicator on RPG. I know why your tree isn't maturing yet, Ahmet, and yeah, it's to do with how you use the sea. That's all I'm going to say about it.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?