What are you doing right now?

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: What are you doing right now?

Post by mountainmage »

I don't even watch football, my friend just said it was a sure thing. :lol:
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

So, you're sharing the winnings with me, right? You saw it, I could totally have made the Steelers lose if I had continued watching.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Sure, make an account on maple story and I'll give you an onyx apple.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah I managed to catch the last two minutes of that game on TV. For a game whose rules I do not understand, that was a really exciting 2 minutes to watch.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

That Super Bowl was on the express train to lamestown until the last six minutes.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

My friend plays maplestory. It has it's ups and downs, although I tend to not like download games.

Football's rules? Wait till they say hike before you start tackling the offensive team, run like hell, don't get hit. I've played it. Aside from the formations and the way the people run, there is nothing to know. Knowing the plays could help you appreciate the brilliance or stupidity of a move during the game, but whatever. It's like if you don't play magic the gathering, but someone throws down ten cards in a turn and loses the next. You can either say, wow, I thought all those cards would help you win, or you could know what was going on and say, ha, did he forget so and so had specific card with the effect of begin explination of how person lost.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/extras/ps000026.html
The funniest magic the gathering joke that will ever exist. I doubt Zach could top this one in my opinion.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I've played magic: the gathering on and off since 2000. Currently, I'm in the off period as I can't find anyone at my college who plays. I'm not really that good, but I'm more into collecting them anyways. I do love to play casual T1 matches though.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

I haven't played since my brother and I stopped living in the same house. Seriously, it was a pain in the ass to be woken up at two in the morning to test out a deck that's 'going to beat you down in four turns', just because he didn't want to wait until the following afternoon to play. That was a while ago, I think. Back when the Tempest Cycle was the Big Thing.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Do you still have your cards? And if so, can I buy/have them? The thought of older cards (you mentioned Tempest) makes me squeal with glee! :D

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

I know I have an Unholy Strength that still has that star-in-a-circle thingy on it, but that's a pre-Tempest card, since the art was changed on behalf of the people who thought that it promoted Satanism. All the rest of the cards are long gone with my Brother. I was never really into the game, but Unglued was my favourite expansion. Just the thought of the Handcuffs and Volrath's Motion Sensor combo makes me giddy.

gödel stop spreading fud

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

mountainmage wrote:Do you still have your cards? And if so, can I buy/have them? The thought of older cards (you mentioned Tempest) makes me squeal with glee! :D
i have no idea where all my old magic cards are. probably in my mom's garage somewhere. i haven't played since they first came out when i was in the eighth grade, so that would be... 1996 or so.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I ask the same question to you then, Ruo.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

By the way, I never bought any magic cards. I've played with my friends' cards, and have done well with their strategies, but never purchased my own. I had been doing Yu Gi Oh, which was soon dying down in popularity. I still enjoy that, by the way. However, I was robbed. Twice. I won't complain, except that after losing the best 120 cards I had, I didn't feel like getting more. This was when my friend tried to transfer me to magic, but I was too apathetic for this to work.

Very nice game though, even in my amateur hands.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

When I was in grade 7 and 8 my friends had a penchant for a card game based off of Star Trek: TNG. So I bought into it a bit, so that I could be included in the group (not popularity-wise, but so that I wasn't just sitting around watching them play). I think they are still sitting around somewheres.
I never got into any other ones. If my friends would have I might, but past that it didn't interest me.
My friend has some Star Wars game. I've never played, but I did watch him play once, and the gameplay was basically the same. His problem is that no one else has cards, so he ends up having to divide his stack.
He also recently got into collecting cards for some G.I.Joe card game. Different gameplay. He has very few, though, and they aren't easy to come by (no longer in production, and something of a collector's item), so the game isn't terribly interesting to play because the deck is so small and therefore there is little variant from game to game. Again, I've never played but watched it a few times.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

You guys are nerds. Geeze. I only ever collected hockey cards.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.