Conan O'Brien taking Jay Leno's spot

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Conan O'Brien taking Jay Leno's spot

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Best...thing...ever! I'm sorry, I'm a huge Conan fan. Jay Leno is funny...but only on occasion. I'm gonna miss a few of Jay's skits and stuff, but Conan has him beat. (Though I hear Jay is gonna have a new talk show...but I have no idea about that)
But David Letterman...yawn...never enjoyed anything that old fart has ever done.
The worst thing about the change for Conan is the fact that Jimmy Fallon is taking Conan's place. NOOO! Jimmy Fallon is soooo unfunny!

Opinions...aaaaand GO!

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: Conan O'Brien taking Jay Leno's spot

Post by Edminster »

Who? I'm feeling lazy, and want you to explain rather than Google.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I know who he is talking about, I just don't care.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Fallon is mostly terrible, but I can imagine he'll be a better talk show host than anything else he's done...

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Well Fallon was funny in Weekend News on SNL, I guess that kind of gives him some experience? I never watched Leno, but I did go through a Conan phase in my childhood. I'm sure he'll do a great job. I wonder what will happen to Max Weinberg?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

mountainmage wrote: I'm sure he'll do a great job. I wonder what will happen to Max Weinberg?
He's going with Conan to the Tonight Show.

I can't believe how out of touch this forum is with the Great Conan O'Brien.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'm more of a Stewart/Colbert fan. Have been for a very long time (in Stewart's case, or since the beginning of the show in Colbert's).
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Colbert is WAY better than Stewart. I hope Stewart goes to HELL! Everyone that does skits on his show is funny...but Stewart is not.

Did you read Colbert's book I Am America (And So Can You)?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Colbert is NOT better than Stewart. Don't bash Stewart. They are both funny, but in different ways. I have read America: The Book as well as I am America (And so can you!), and they're both hilarious.

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

I just never ever found myself laughing out loud about anything Stewart has done. I always laugh at the quirky interviews and stuff. Just not a fan of him.

Colbert on the other hand makes me happy like a school girl.

CasualFriday

Post by CasualFriday »

I'm a big Conan fan. Does anyone know why Leno is leaving, though? I didn't mind him too much.
Isn't this where we came in?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

CasualFriday wrote:I'm a big Conan fan. Does anyone know why Leno is leaving, though? I didn't mind him too much.
Contract. About 5 years ago they made him tell them when he was leaving. Not so much because they wanted him out, but so they could have a timeframe going forward. They had always been priming Conan for the spot, and wanted an idea of when he could take the job. I could imagine that Conan was near contract too, and he would've moved on elsewhere if they didn't give him a better idea of his future, so then they had to figure it out from Leno when he would be leaving. Though that is merely speculation.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Colbert is ridiculously funny. Stewie needs to curse and stuff to get most of his laughs. Not less funny, just much more vulgar.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

AHMETxRock wrote:Stewie needs to curse and stuff to get most of his laughs. Not less funny, just much more vulgar.
I watch Jon Stewart every night and he RARELY curses. Trust me, he gets plenty of laughs without being vulgar. I have no clue where you're pulling this from, but I'm guessing no sunlight reaches this nonfactual abyss.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

For your information, my abyss gets a plentiful amount of sunlight if I want it to. I'm not so sure if I want a darker complexion or not. I'm white but middle eastern. And I don't neccessarily resemble one more outright than another. I can tan, although since I know that can give me skin cancer and tends to lead to unhealthy skin as an adult, I'm going to avoid that.

But all of that is unneccessary. I'm also going by a pg-13 rating on cussin here. Sorry. Little siblings can't get that exposure.
I'd like to see the two without writers. Give them time to prepare one day by themselves, and see who comes out on top.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.