Kindle 2

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Kindle 2

Post by ZachWeiner »

I want it so bad. SO BAD. Anyone have one of these?

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: Kindle 2

Post by Edminster »

I had a chance to play with the original Kindle, and I have to say I was very impressed. I'm kinda worried about the durability of this new one, since a short drop with a sudden stop was enough to do in the original, and that thing was a beast.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I have 4 dollars in my wallet, and less than 30 in my bank account. That should answer any further questions.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

meh, i'm illiterate so it won't do much for me.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Guess I should post this, because I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. http://xkcd.com/548/
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I don't have a kindle, I do have a sony e-reader though which is the same sorta thing. I like it alright, the biggest pain is buying books for it instead of in hard copy. Makes it harder to share them around, plus re-buying all of my books I already own is finically unfeasible to say the least.

I've not used it for its hitchhiker function, only paper variant. The whole my book can run out of batteries sucks too.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

The novelty of printed reading still stands. However, the kindle definately makes reading easier.

Honestly, look at the progression from A-trac tapes, to records, to cd players, to mp3.
Imagine how accessible literature can become. Instead of needing a pack for all my college texts, I can easily carry a small tablet that will contain the texts. Hopefully they'll have a feature that you can write and take notes, highlight lines you find relevant, save documents, etc.

I think it's possible, just not profitable. It'll progress just like mp3 players and cell phones and cameras and dvd players. Remember when a Dvd player was 200 dollars for a crappy one?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.