Watchmen

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Watchmen

Post by mountainmage »

Well, now I'm about half-way through. Still amazing. No big shock there.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

I just finished it! (Thanks ruo for the digital copy!)

Holy mother of Christ!
I think my mind got fucked! Did anyone else experience a fucking of the mind kind of feeling within 30 minutes of reading it?
Rorschach is my #1 favorite hero EVER now.
Dr. Manhattan is a dick (and has a blue one, giggle giggle) and I hate him and I hope he somehow dies!

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I finished it the day after my previous post. Yes, mind-fucktastic. Truly an amazing story.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

So nobody else found the ending more than a little hard to swallow?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'll admit it was a stretch, but it was easy to swallow because never throughout the whole thing are we told O's capabilities.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Oh, that's not what bothered me.
What bothered me was that everybody, not including that one guy, were so quick to get on board with a plan that brutal and absurd.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

True. Maybe they just saw the futility of opposing him...it seemed so pointless to waste the sacrifice that they just caved in and went along with it.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Oh, that's not what bothered me.
What bothered me was that everybody, not including that one guy, were so quick to get on board with a plan that brutal and absurd.
The plan was brutal and absurd, but it worked. More than that, it couldn't be undone. And these are people who ultimately were striving for peace for most of their lives, and now had it.
It is an end vs. means discussion. Would you kill a single child to save 1,000,000?
Or, more applicable to the book's plot: If someone killed that child to save 1,000,000 people, would you report him, even if that meant the 1,000,000 would likely die because of your report?
I mean, I don't justify it, but coming in to the events they did, as much as it might gnaw at me horribly, I don't know that I'd be willing to tell everyone.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Is it too late to ask about things that were posted a few pages back? Cause with my internet gone, I wasn't able to... and I might actually post something relevant this time...
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

I'm still not sure why he chose NYC though. He should have gone someplace less populated since it was mostly for effect (like how the US bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki instead of Tokyo). He could have gone after Cleveland, or Atlanta, etc. and still had the desired effect I think.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Oh, that's not what bothered me.

Its a fantastic plan. I would jump on with that plan in a second.

I cannot go to see the movie because 1. I'm broke, 2. my free movie site is down and 3. I cannot go to movies alone and none of my friends want to see it. So I'll have to wait
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

wolf wrote:I cannot go to see the movie because 1. I'm broke, 2. my free movie site is down and 3. I cannot go to movies alone and none of my friends want to see it. So I'll have to wait
Why can't you go to movies alone? Social stigma?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

mountainmage wrote:True. Maybe they just saw the futility of opposing him...it seemed so pointless to waste the sacrifice that they just caved in and went along with it.
No, not even in the face of Armageddon, never compromise!
Poor Rorschach. He was the "true" superhero in my book. Screw Dr. Manhattan, that son of a bitch!

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

So, I guess it's safe to say that there's nobody here that we need to worry about spoilering at this point?

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

We're still worrying about spoilers until Twocone figures out the nigh-unbreakable cipher that is the Picture Book. So far nobody's spoiled anything more than a basic idea of who the characters are.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud