This thread menaces with spikes of anchovy bone

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

This thread menaces with spikes of anchovy bone

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Do we have any Dwarf Fortress players on here? This seems like the sort of place such folk might congregate.
And if so, would there be any interest in starting a Legacy game?

For those of you not in the know, Dwarf Fortress is a game where you (unsurprisingly) try to construct a fortress to be inhabited by dwarves. It's kind of like the Sims, except there are 200 sims, it's all underground, and every once in a while goblins show up and kill everybody. It's a lot of fun! It also does not have much in the way of graphics.
A legacy game is one where one person runs the fort for a game year, then passes it on to somebody else. And then they write up a little blurb about what happened during their rule. Boatmurdered is the most famous example of these.

The nice thing about this would be that only one person would be running the fortress at a given time, so people could take over when they have a little bit of free time, play for a little while, and then get back to their life. I think we should totally do this, people.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: This thread menaces with spikes of anchovy bone

Post by mountainmage »

I'm moving this to the games section. The forum rpg/other assorted games section is for games we play on the forum.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

I know better than to argue.

EDIT: No I don't.
This would be a game we play as a forum. And we'd keep all the records here. I think it counts.
Okay, I'm done.
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Sweet! LP got an official archive now!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

I am beginning to think that my initial estimates may have been a little high.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

I haven't played it yet.

Leaving a civilisation in my hands is hoping it'll die. Nationstates taught me that much.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Leaving a civilization in my hands usually results in me cheating to get nuclear missiles in the bronze age.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I used to role-play on the NationStates forum, and I don't think I'm ashamed of much more than that.