The NFL Thread

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Frostbite
I dunno.

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Frostbite »

So, T.O. finally got released by the Cowboys. That happened.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

There is no doubt that he is batshit crazy.
On the other hand, he is among the top receivers in the league.
So, what do you do with that?
The Pats should pick him up and put him on the other side of Randy Moss. The two biggest egos in the NFL on the same team.
Possibly the Bears or Lions. Perhaps the Jets. My roomate suggested the Chargers, which would be interesting and plausible, as they seem to be tending away from the run.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:more importantly, the 'hawks are making moves - and good or bad it should at least be exciting (although the hawks have a great front office and it's pretty rare that a player really hurts us anymore... it's weird actually trusting your team to make the right choices for once).
Yeah, and you guys actually have a WR! Rather than a smattering of mediocre ones who get hurt every third game.

As for the Cassel trade, I wonder if the Chiefs had some proof of more instances of taping or something. I have a hard time believing Belichick learned his lesson, and that trade is just far too one-sided to ignore. Conspiracy theory, sure. But too much is suspect about that trade.
true... although now maybe we don't draft Crabtree in the number 4 hole. C'mon offensive guard.

also i don't really see the Cassel trade as being that one-sided. They traded a grandpa linebacker who's really starting to taper off and a garbage quarterback for a 2nd round pick. Watch this season how Cassel "regresses" when he isn't surrounded by an amazing O-line and the best receivers in the game.

Also on the TO thing - his problem on top of being a locker room cancer is his consistency. he can make amazing catches, especially deep, but he has also led the NFL in dropped passes every year he was on the Cowboys.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Except for this past year, I assume. I don't imagine anyone could've beat Mr. Braylon Edwards this year.

Vrabel's production has definitely dropped. And I don't totally disagree about Cassel, I just can't imagine they couldn't have gotten at least a 1st out of the two of them, as Vrabel is still worth having, and any poor future production from Cassel remains to be seen.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

I'm not totally positive about the stat. i know TO was last in the 2007 season, and I know Edwards had a couple more about halfway through the year this year, but I really felt TO came on strong and dropped a bunch at the end to really take his stats into the stratosphere. It is possible that TO finished 2nd, but i don't think that really takes away from my point

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Yeah, I think I heard on The Ticket today, they said he was second in dropped balls this past year.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

CasualFriday

Post by CasualFriday »

I am bringing this back from it's comatose state to bitch about Jay Cutler.

I'm an avid Broncos fan--have been since I was 13. Just like everyone else, I fapped to Elway, hated Jake Plummer, and got slightly aroused when the Broncos drafted Jay Cutler. My girlfriend bought me his rookie jersey, and I bought her a female Cutler jersey in November for her birthday (it's what she wanted, seriously). But now that's all gone to shit. The bastard is bitching to get traded, and I now hate him for it.
Isn't this where we came in?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Yeah, it does seem that it looks like he'll be moving.
Sucks indeed. The Broncos were definitely one of my favourite offensive teams this year. To bad it all gets potentially dismantled with his leaving.

CasualFriday

Post by CasualFriday »

Lethal Interjection wrote:The Broncos were definitely one of my favourite offensive teams this year. To bad it all gets potentially dismantled with his leaving.
Exactly! And it's not even the new coach's fault! The guy was excited about taking Cutler to the next level, predicting Tom Brady-esque results. But Cutler has to bitch and moan until he gets traded. The bastard didn't even show up for workouts.

Avalant
Ahmet's sex life

Post by Avalant »

CasualFriday wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:The Broncos were definitely one of my favourite offensive teams this year. To bad it all gets potentially dismantled with his leaving.
Exactly! And it's not even the new coach's fault! The guy was excited about taking Cutler to the next level, predicting Tom Brady-esque results. But Cutler has to bitch and moan until he gets traded. The bastard didn't even show up for workouts.
Yeah he really needs to grow up and realize that McDaniels considering a trade for an established QB that he has already worked with really isn't a slap in the face. And I feel bad for Broncos fans, because if the trade had gone through and you had gotten Cassel, you'd at least know you were still in for a good season. But now Cutler is being a whiney bitch and who knows what you'll end up with for a QB.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Avalant wrote: Yeah he really needs to grow up and realize that McDaniels considering a trade for an established QB that he has already worked with really isn't a slap in the face. And I feel bad for Broncos fans, because if the trade had gone through and you had gotten Cassel, you'd at least know you were still in for a good season. But now Cutler is being a whiney bitch and who knows what you'll end up with for a QB.
Yeah, but what kind of trade would that have been? Cutler is hardly a backup. You could say Cassel isn't either, but to be traded to the Pats to be Brady's backup wouldn't exactly make one happy. If it would've been for an established starting QB, I'm not sure you would've seen the same response.
But, yeah, the Broncos aren't in a good place. The rumours I've read are saying Detroit or Cleveland. With Detroit there is no QB to be had. With Cleveland there are two, Quinn who is mostly unproven, and Anderson who obviously has potential but choked bad this past year.

Avalant
Ahmet's sex life

Post by Avalant »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Yeah, but what kind of trade would that have been? Cutler is hardly a backup. You could say Cassel isn't either, but to be traded to the Pats to be Brady's backup wouldn't exactly make one happy. If it would've been for an established starting QB, I'm not sure you would've seen the same response.
But, yeah, the Broncos aren't in a good place. The rumours I've read are saying Detroit or Cleveland. With Detroit there is no QB to be had. With Cleveland there are two, Quinn who is mostly unproven, and Anderson who obviously has potential but choked bad this past year.
The rumors were a 3-way trade where Broncos get Cassel, Tampa Bay gets Cutler, and the Pats get a 1st or 2nd round pick (from TB).

And I don't see them trading Cutler for a QB, probably draft picks. If they get Detroit's #1 pick they can grab the best QB in the draft and pray.

Avalant
Ahmet's sex life

Post by Avalant »

aaaaaand Cutler is heading to Chicago.

Broncos get Kyle Orton and 2 first round draft picks, Bears get Cutler and a 3rd rounder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373

CasualFriday

Post by CasualFriday »

I'm extra pissed right now. I wasted ~$50 on a jersey. I hate the bastard.

Also, I don't even want Kyle Orton. The guy is garbage.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

That is really too bad. I wanted to see him do some good in Cleveland or Detroit. In Chicago he doesn't even have anyone to throw to.