Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: RPG: Take 3

Post by Edminster »

astasia wrote:Special Feature: Persuasion
Oooh, what's that do?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Naturally, that adds a proefficience at driving tanks.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

cheez.wiz wrote:Naturally, that adds a proefficience at driving tanks.
So she's an actress with a fuggin' tank? Astasia, expect my character to constantly beg and plead to make an R/C rig for your Armoured Monstrosity.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

These characters meet with my approval!

I'm going to put them up in the Characters thread as they are now, and change them as needed.
Also, I'm willing to let you leave as many skills as you like blank for now, instead of just one. The two professional/ one non-professional restriction still holds. But now you can decide on any of them later, if you'd prefer. Of course, if you want to start out with any related equipment, you're better off starting with the skill.

Edit: I like the way you're proposing Gigantism works, LR. Let's say, for now, that if you make a melee attack that succeeds by 5 or more, you do 2 damage instead of 1. And you get the extra hit point, too.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Dick Tracy anxiously awaits for Oldrac's mind to change. :wink:
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Oldrac is unfortunately resolute.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

On an unrelated note, I think I'm going to change the setting slightly, if nobody objects too strenuously.
Instead of 1932 Topeka, I'm thinking 1935 Kansas City (for reasons that will become clear later, maybe.)

Any thoughts on the matter?

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

I object, because that makes my truck Five years old and disrespected instead of the Two year old beauty. If you don't understand why three years makes such a difference, I recommend you speak with Cirtur so he can explain it.

gödel stop spreading fud

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

Edminster wrote:I object, because that makes my truck Five years old and disrespected instead of the Two year old beauty. If you don't understand why three years makes such a difference, I recommend you speak with Cirtur so he can explain it.
It's true, the difference between a 9 year old and a 12 year old is great. Vastly different markets.
If we weren't such good friends, I'd wish you were dead.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

astasia wrote:It's true, the difference between a 9 year old and a 12 year old is great. Vastly different markets.
I've never been fond of the 9-year-old market, the only real benefit is that you don't need protection and technically it's not like you ever need protection.

littleninja
kissed a girl and she liked it

Post by littleninja »

Marcie Dragomir
Special Feature: Scrying
Class: Bank Robber
Skills: + Stealth
+ Break and Enter
+ Parkour

Since Marcie left her family of Romanian immigrants, she's not feeling the economic crunch like she used to. There's still money in the world, and she specializes in liberating it. Between youth, agility, and the respected member of society traditions passed down to her from her grandmother, she's doing pretty well for herself. Marcie never leaves home without a blade and black fedora (Hear that baby? A fedora)

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

So, which one is the Non-professional skill?

Also hells-yeah traceur.

Also also, what does Scrying do?

gödel stop spreading fud

littleninja
kissed a girl and she liked it

Post by littleninja »

Edminster wrote:So, which one is the Non-professional skill?

Also hells-yeah traceur.

Also also, what does Scrying do?
That's a good question.... I may have to change one.

Scrying tells me which safety deposit box to jack. As for how it works, I'll have to consult with Oldrac on it.... since I have absolutely no frame of reference as far as rules are concerned. I'm used to the 3.5 rulebook telling me what's allowed. I'm thinking it could operate as a bonus to perception checks, manifest like extremely high intuition? I'm too tired to think right now.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:On an unrelated note, I think I'm going to change the setting slightly, if nobody objects too strenuously.
Instead of 1932 Topeka, I'm thinking 1935 Kansas City (for reasons that will become clear later, maybe.)

Any thoughts on the matter?
Dick Tracy has no problems with it, save one. His eyelids narrow; piercing gaze set firmly on the Giant Enemy Crab.