RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

This is the officially licensed Forum Soap Opera, folks. Accept no imitators.
Lethal Interjection wrote:You'd probably know better (as you are running the story), but I would think that Anonymous Sources would be a very valuable asset in the way described. I'd prefer not to lose it.
My concern is that it might be a little redundant, given LR's street smarts, Astasia's memory and persuasion, and Ninja's clairvoyance. There's a lot of information-gathering capability here. And there are some questions I'll just refuse to answer. "Who is the killer?" in a murder mystery, for example. But, it's up to you - I can still envision it coming in handy.

If you do take it instead of Filthy Rich, no fair trying to solve problems by throwing money at them.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

A map of the speakeasy to come at some point in the proximate future!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:This is the officially licensed Forum Soap Opera, folks. Accept no imitators.
Lethal Interjection wrote:You'd probably know better (as you are running the story), but I would think that Anonymous Sources would be a very valuable asset in the way described. I'd prefer not to lose it.
My concern is that it might be a little redundant, given LR's street smarts, Astasia's memory and persuasion, and Ninja's clairvoyance. There's a lot of information-gathering capability here. And there are some questions I'll just refuse to answer. "Who is the killer?" in a murder mystery, for example. But, it's up to you - I can still envision it coming in handy.

If you do take it instead of Filthy Rich, no fair trying to solve problems by throwing money at them.
I thought this might've been your reasoning. Very well, I shall take Filthy Rich instead.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

What does Filthy Rich do?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'm guessing he has nigh unlimited funds at his disposal.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

littleninja
kissed a girl and she liked it

Post by littleninja »

Okay, so this is where I ask Oldrac things like: How far away is the woman with the envelopes, and what is surrounding the woman (possible excuses to go nearer without attracting suspicion), where she is holding her purse......

Bear with me, I've never done this online before.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Jimmy Meroni wrote:All those dishes, spotless, without a drop of water used!
Thanks! Now I'm never going dine in a restaurant again.
littleninja wrote:Okay, so this is where I ask Oldrac things like: How far away is the woman with the envelopes, and what is surrounding the woman (possible excuses to go nearer without attracting suspicion), where she is holding her purse......

Bear with me, I've never done this online before.
This is why I was pestering Oldrac for a Map last night. Placement of things is vital!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

All right, I've got your map right here.
The main dining room is divided into two levels. There's the level you come in on, and a slightly lower level for viewing the stage. The thin black line indicates the boundary.
Purple dots are you guys, green dots are NPCs. Darker gray rectangles are tables, light gray ones with lines are stairs. Hopefully, everything else is self-explanatory.

You Lot:
Iron = Eddie
Shoe = Mimi,
Wheelbarrow = Jimmy,
Scottie Dog = Marcie,
Cannon = Johnny,
Motorcar = Billy

Them Lot:
Y = Louie
4 = Four-year-old
M = His mom
B = Bartender
G = Little Girl
No symbol = Other Patron

Edit: Updated to stop Edminster's whining. Pimp Factor Increased.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Where's the exit?

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

You all came in from the main lobby upstairs - this building was originally supposed to be a resort hotel. There's also a loading ramp at the back of the kitchen (which extends off the edge of the map.)

ADDENDUM: Ninja - the lady left the purse on the table, and is currently staring off into space. She's got a plate of half-finished lasagna in front of her, but otherwise, there's not much between you and her that isn't on the map.
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Deliveries do not come from the Mole Kingdom since the Embargo.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

I would like to say for the record that the scene I originally had in mind was far less cliché than the one I just posted.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:He's about twenty feet yards from the car when a figure pops up from behind the driver's seat.
So, how long is a Feet Yard? Or is the singular Foot Yard?

::edit::
Also, parking lot map? y/n

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

littleninja wrote:Marcie, observing the goings on, sees her opportunity. Rising from her chair, she sidles nearer to the table where the woman is still working on her lasagna, careful not to attract attention. When the gunshots ring out, Marcie sees her chance. As the woman's attention, like every other person in the bar, turns to the entrance, Marcie silently snatches the purse from the table and immediately backs into the kitchen.
Under ordinary circumstances, I would have you roll for this. But these are not ordinary circumstances.

Also, this brings up an issue that's worth addressing: Narrating for NPCs. It's a good idea to fill in the little gaps in the conversations with the NPCs, if you think it's obvious how they'll respond. If you didn't, nothing would ever get done. Same goes for the environment. But sometimes, NPCs don't act the way you think they will or a trap gets sprung, and so I'm going to reserve the right to mercilessly alter the Official actions thread as I see fit.
If and when I do this, I'll be sure and preserve the original post in this thread.

littleninja
kissed a girl and she liked it

Post by littleninja »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote: Under ordinary circumstances, I would have you roll for this. But these are not ordinary circumstances.

Also, this brings up an issue that's worth addressing: Narrating for NPCs. It's a good idea to fill in the little gaps in the conversations with the NPCs, if you think it's obvious how they'll respond. If you didn't, nothing would ever get done. Same goes for the environment. But sometimes, NPCs don't act the way you think they will or a trap gets sprung, and so I'm going to reserve the right to mercilessly alter the Official actions thread as I see fit.
If and when I do this, I'll be sure and preserve the original post in this thread.
I would be perfectly willing to roll, and it's good to know the limitations of narration.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

So at this point, I think we have Jimmy and Marcie downstairs and everybody else upstairs.
Am I correct in this assessment?