American Idol

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

American Idol

Post by FengharTheNord »

Please, someone tell me that they are also hating it so much right now too. I can't hardly be in the same room when its turned on- it just sounds like whines and screeches.

I can't even remember if there was a good singer on that show ever. The only one I can bring to mind is that McPhee girl and that's only because of when she sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", but I don't remember if she was a good singer beyond that...
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: American Idol

Post by Edminster »

That show is still going? Jeez, I stopped watching/talking to people who watched it by the end of the first series. It's kinda hard to believe that it's been going for seven years, non?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Its so awful. However, occasionally they have pretty good singers and also the auditions are incredibly lawltastic, but that's the show's only saving grace.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I think I've seen about 3 episodes worth (total minutes, I mean). I don't think I've ever seen a full episode, ever. That includes both Canadian and American Idol.
And I would say that 90% of that has been from the early episodes where they go from city to city.
I really couldn't care less.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Wasn't it just a joke? People go to this show and they sing poorly, and the judges make fun of them. There's nothing else to it.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

A very expensive and annoying joke, yes.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Oh, that would be a beautiful ending to the series. Just the three judges at the end of the season going 'Oh yeah, none of this is real. We just randomly picked people to see if all of you would buy the drek that they produce. We had no idea you were all that gullible.'
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

It can be funny, but why not take a shot at it?
Also, the formula is broken. They might have tv material performances, but nothing that sells once they throw cotracts at them bitches. Clarkson was awesome, but yeah, that's about all.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Annoying? You don't even have to watch it!
Edminster wrote:Oh, that would be a beautiful ending to the series. Just the three judges at the end of the season going 'Oh yeah, none of this is real. We just randomly picked people to see if all of you would buy the drek that they produce. We had no idea you were all that gullible.'
There was a show just like that, it was like American Idol but they only let the worst singers go forward. The last few episodes were spectacular because they were filled with terrible, off-colour renditions of songs. It was really, really weird. I can't remember the name, anyone else?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Who was the guy who beat-boxed to Bon Jovi? That was kick ass. Almost got me into the series. I admit he wasn't good enough for mainstream, but he would have been decent.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:'Oh yeah, none of this is real. We just randomly picked people to see if all of you would buy the drek that they produce. We had no idea you were all that gullible.'
Isn't that what they've done with Diamond Shreddies?

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Yes, I was thinking of this.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

LordRetard wrote:Yes, I was thinking of this.
And then there is that film American Dreamz. Which, for the record, is among the 5 worst movies I have ever seen. It may even be the worst.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
And then there is that film American Dreamz. Which, for the record, is among the 5 worst movies I have ever seen. It may even be the worst.
You haven't seen Suckers, then. It's so poorly ideated that in the french version, actors stopped caring about the voiceover somewhere near the middle of it.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Those poor, poor, delusional people. I saw an episode of that. It was mildly horrifying.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow