I think it's time to go Bananaz.

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

AmnioticDruid

I think it's time to go Bananaz.

Post by AmnioticDruid »

That's right, EMI posted the online premiere of the Gorillaz Documentary "Bananaz".
This movie goes through the developments of the two albums, characters, website, etc.
The artistic journey of Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett, who In my opinion, are wasted throughout a majority of the movie.

It's streaming, it's legal, it's good. It's a basic promotion for the DVD that's to be released in June.
So quality is not the best, and I don't think it's going to be up for too much longer.

I don't know if anyone here really cares for Gorillaz as much as me, but I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Crucify the Eggo, motherfuckers.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: I think it's time to go Bananaz.

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I've always been intrigued with the Gorillaz, though I didn't much care for the second album. But the idea of the band was always interesting to me. I'll definitely have to check it out.

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

Saw them in concert once. Was probably the most mind blowing effects I have ever seen in a concert venue. I a with Ed though, their second album was not as good as the 1st, but I will still pick up that DVD just to check it out.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Khazd wrote:Saw them in concert once. Was probably the most mind blowing effects I have ever seen in a concert venue. I agree with Lethal though, their second album was not as good as the 1st, but I will still pick up that DVD just to check it out.
Actually you agree with me, too. I just haven't chimed in yet.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

Edminster wrote:
Khazd wrote:Saw them in concert once. Was probably the most mind blowing effects I have ever seen in a concert venue. I agree with Lethal though, their second album was not as good as the 1st, but I will still pick up that DVD just to check it out.
Actually you agree with me, too. I just haven't chimed in yet.
Wow... i did have Lethal in there, plus another sentence, then i erased a bunch of it and that happened... I think Edminister is in my computer messing with stuff.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

They did a concert at the Apollo, which I think was up on MSN.com somewheres for a while. Very unique stuff. They even got Dennis Hopper to show up for the concert (he narrates a little story or something on the second album).

AmnioticDruid

Post by AmnioticDruid »

Oh yes.
I don't know why, but I like Demon Days more than the first, though I end up liking more songs on the G-Sides and D-Sides albums that I do on any of the regulars.

Third album was confirmed as Damon and Jamie apparently became inspired while writing music and drawing for that Monkey: Journey To The West play.
So that's pretty exciting, I'm expecting a lot of eastern influence.
Crucify the Eggo, motherfuckers.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I really like Gorillaz, especially the songs 19-2000, Slow Country, and Clint Eastwood.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I liked the first few songs that went out there, back when they didn't get broadcast on mainstream radio. This sounds musical elitist, but it's meant more as a time reference. All their stuff is good, but I liked the first batch. Like Cirtur likes his mates.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'm pretty sure he likes the youngest batch. The first ones are probably too old for him by now.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Clint Eastwood is probably my favourite rap(ish) song of all time.