Emulators

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Emulators

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Anyone know of any good GameBoy DS emulators out there? Every time I download one and try to play the new pokemon game (don't ask) it always suffers from slow-down and is unbearable to play.

Also, who here plays on emulators? aaaaaaaand DISCUSSION!

littleninja
kissed a girl and she liked it

Re: Emulators

Post by littleninja »

I used to play with emulators a lot, but it's so long ago I can't remember what they were called. However, I was playing really old games, like original nintendo, and so there was no slow down.... the game files were all quite small.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I try to buy games whenever I can, because I like owning things. Now I've found a PSX emulator and I've found a rom for Chrono Cross so I am happy, but I normally don't go around looking for roms.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Have you tried No$gba Emulator? Also, roms are definitely fun. I have a NES and SNES emulator.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Phoenix
Easily burned, but always comes back for more

Post by Phoenix »

I actually have Chrono Cross, and a PS2 that plays it :P Fun game.

Also, I think it's ePSXe? Excellent PS1 emulator. I love Breath of Fire 3/4, although I can't seem to find a working Brigandine ROM, and that makes me very sad, since my original copy was stolen, and it's like 70 bucks on amazon :( Brigandine was an amazing game.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

The problem with DS emulators is either your computer can't handle the game engine's demands (tough to think the DS has tough graphical standards, but still) OR the file and/or player you use is flawed. A friend had a good version of both the emulator and the file, and I played it at double the speed. However, you couldn't mute this file, or it would crash after you used an attack.
Don't worry, there are a few pokemon fans here, and I play the game from time to time. Platinum roms might be a bit shaky. I personally didn't enjoy the pokemon 4th gen games at all. Far too contrived. Nintendo's casual streak is stopping them from improving titles they SHOULD be.

Also, the Visual Boy emulator is fun. Get the version that can battle online, hack yourself a pokemon team on your pc, then battle people online. The only problem is you need to know the coding, and the other person might try to god-mod their stats.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

littleninja
kissed a girl and she liked it

Post by littleninja »

Now I've been inspired to download a NES emulator for mac, since my computer didn't come with any games. I just grabbed a few that I've already played, for nostalgia's sake. Weeeeeeeee!

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Just like everything else with gaming, Mac emulators are difficult. If you pull it off, good luck.

Phoenix
Easily burned, but always comes back for more

Post by Phoenix »

I could never find a working pokemon ROM :(

anyone have any working ones they'd be willing to share? Also, can gameboy color games (gold silver) be played on the visualboyadvance?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I got spawn of game boy color to work, so in theory, yes.
I've seen a bazillion working pokemon roms. However, the site I used to use no longer seems to work.

MY sister has my flash drive that might still have the files on it. I'll see about that.

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Yeah I have the Visual Boy emulator. But I didn't know you could battle online. Thats neat.

And I've been playing Pokemon Ruby on it and I used a bunch of cheats to get pokemon from the first generation that I love...but I screwed up the cheats so bad that every wild pokemon I run into is a Mew.

Also, I play the shit outta some Golden Sun. Damn, that was a good game!

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Another golden sun fan! That is great!
I haven't been to the visual boy site for a while, but the regular emulator won't link online. For games like pokemon or advanced wars (or possibly even golden sun) that can link up, there is a mode or operation or whatever the hell it's called that allows you to link up your IP addresses. It takes some knowing to do. I've seen a video in which a person connected to their own IP address and traded between two pokemon files.

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

I'm not that smart in the ways of the computer.

And I'm giving up on Ruby on account of the horrible screw up.

And Golden Sun...back in the day, ALL the neighborhood kids played it. We were the coolest kids in school.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Good times. I don't know how you could have screwed up badly in pokemon, aside from releasing your best pokemon.
I always keep three save files on an emulator, in case I mess up.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Try http://www.emuparadise.org/index2.php, that's where I get my roms from.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away