Moderator: Lethal Interjection

HARDKORE
The Heavy

do you know the song

Post by HARDKORE »

do you know the song that i am wanting to hear again. it goes something like

life is calling and unlike the last time dont let it pass you bye

its a guy singing it.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Re: do you know the song

Post by Sahan »

If you know some of the lyrics, chances are you can google it.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

Perhaps if you hum a few bars.. no wait that won't work..
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Criminal by Pride of Lions? Lyrics here.

Picked a few key phrases out of what you posted and that was all I (and Google) was able to come up with.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I spent 2 hours on google, msn and ask trying to find it.

Thats not it lethal. its odd, i been listening to the 90s radio stations. one week its palyed like 50 times and the next you dont hear it at all.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

HARDKORE wrote:I spent 2 hours on google, msn and ask trying to find it.
That's nothing. About once or twice a year I spend about 4 hours looking for the title of a particular movie I saw some time ago. And that's for about 4 or 5 years now. I don't know actors, character names, or the title of the film. I have a general plot that has enough detail that anyone who knows the film would recognize. Alas, I have yet to find anyone who knows it.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Is it Krull?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

HOLY SHIT! IT IS!

No, it is independent and Canadian (I think). Drama/suspense.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I saw One Perfect Day at a film festival in Montreal and it took me a dumb time to find; I can't actually remember how, because I literally did not remember a single detail about it. Later I found out that I own a copy of the film (I don't know where it came from) and I don't actually want to see it that much.

I will never remember the short film I saw right before it, which featured a south asian woman and a man's ass, and some magical thing that makes his dick burn or something. But it's okay, because it was more fucking weird than anything.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Lethal Interjection wrote: No, it is independent and Canadian (I think). Drama/suspense.
I think of about twenty movies off the top of my head that fall under that description. Though in my head Canadian and Independent films are almost synonymous.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

The sad part is, i cant get the melody or singers voice out of my head.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I really wish I could help you, but I googled the lyrics every which way and I can't find out which song it is.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Thats ok.

Thank you all for trying.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

smiley_cow wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote: No, it is independent and Canadian (I think). Drama/suspense.
I think of about twenty movies off the top of my head that fall under that description. Though in my head Canadian and Independent films are almost synonymous.
I wasn't sure if you had knowledge of this topic, but I was hoping you might. You know, just in case you've seen it. At least there would be one more avenue I've tried.

The movie is about a writer who had considerable success with his first book. However, upon writing his second, he has considerable writer's block. His publisher (or whatever) sends him to an oceanfront cabin to get "inspiration" or whatever. He goes there, and really loves the place, but still has no luck writing.
One day he is looking out at the ocean and along comes this beautiful girl, who ends up skinny dipping into the ocean. He is absolutely enamoured. I don't think it is at this first encounter, but eventually he tries to meet her and get to know her.
She doesn't really have a place to live, so she ends up shacking up in the cabin with him (non-sexually). She inspires him, and he begins to write. They talk and get familiar, for some amount of time.
Eventually she makes advances on him, but once they get into the bedroom, she ties him to the bed and disappears with, I believe, what he has written and his watch. He eventually gets free and goes to the local cops. He talks to them and whatnot, but they don't know who she is, have never seen her, and even when they go to the cabin, there isn't any real sign she has been there.
Later she comes back, and starts accusing him of stealing her work, that she had sent him her novel and he ended up publishing it under his own name (she may have done this before the tying him to the bed, I'm not 100%). They end up fighting and eventually she knocks him out. He comes to and he is tied to an office chair about chest deep in the water, unable to move because the chair is in the sand. She walks away, and he is sitting there, tide beginning to rise, coming to grips with his forthcoming death. At which point he notices that the watch he thought she stole is still there on his wrist. Indicating, of course, that she never existed, and what he had been wrestling with was his own guilt that his successful novel was stolen from someone else.

That's what I remember. The description isn't 100%, I'm sure, but it does give the major plot points and such. I saw it on CityTV back in 2002 or 2003. They were, for a time, airing what I believe to be independent Canadian movies on Friday nights. I had considered contacting them, but I'm not sure I have the right info for them to track it down (I have neither a date of airing, and anyone on the other side of the phone probably wouldn't know the plot well enough to direct me to the title). Plus CityTV no longer exists in its former capacity, and I don't know how much integrity of their archives and info would have been retained after it changed hands.

When I worked at Canadian Tire Distribution there was one guy I worked with who knew the film, and said the girl had starred in something else. A show, I think. Of course, I don't remember what that show is, either. But that was all close enough to watching it that I didn't really concern myself with making sure I knew the title. If I only knew the time I would later spend searching that info out.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

The only film I can think of that at all resembles your description is The changeling, but I don't think that's quite right. I wish I could be more help, I know from experience how ridiculously hard it is to find information on Canadian made things online, I once spent three hours trying unsuccessfully to find out if there was a fourth season of Slings and Arrows.

Out of curiosity have you tried Wikipedia's list of Canadian Films? I know it's incomplete, but there's a chance it could be on there.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.