OFFICIAL PLAYLIST DOWNLOAD BUSINESS.

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

OFFICIAL PLAYLIST DOWNLOAD BUSINESS.

Post by LordRetard »

'Allo allo, folks! As you know I'm taking all of the songs from the "listening to" thread and I'm going to put it into a single download, and hopefully format everything properly and make it all pretty-like. I have some ideas for this. It'll be great.

Anyway it'll be great if people send anything that they've posted directly to me, because it's a bitch to hunt everything down. I'm all right at finding things but it'll save me a lot of time and you'll have your fancy playlist sooner and so on. Furthermore it's the ideal way to get the version of music that you want, because I'm almost certain to grab the quickest thing possible because I don't know a damn thing about your music (but maybe that will change!).

Send all music to:
lord (DAWT) retard (AHT) gmail (DAWT) com

Or just upload it somewhere and post the link raight here.

I'm hoping to include some extras, like album scans and playlist files, and how that's gonna pan out is all based on how much time everything takes and what kind of resources I can muster. We have a ton of artists on this board and a lot of cool shit is being thrown around right now (awesome), and hopefully we can collaborate and put something cool together. Look forward to it!

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Re: OFFICIAL PLAYLIST DOWNLOAD BUSINESS.

Post by FengharTheNord »

Oh man, I am now realizing that this could be really epic.

In fact, I'm gonna read up on the lexicon and shiz so I can not only try to draw up some lexicon art, but also so I can start formulating the most awesome SMBC album art there ever was. Though, as with the awesomest of albums there is always more than just schweet cover art, but schweet backside and inside art. So if anyone wanted to join in(Khazd, ahmet, oldrac?) we could totally map out the best SMBC album sleeve in the world.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Man, just last year my friends all came up with a list of our favourite songs and artists one afternoon after exams, and someone got around to compiling it. We ended up with 4 DVDs of musical awesome. I have no idea how massive this playlist is going to be, given the size of that thread.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

I figure we should probably pick and choose because some of that music was actually just "What I was listening to" and not "what I actually like". That way we don't end up with a mind rape amount of music but still get lots of varied and wonderful musical awesomeness.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Out of all my posts only a few were gag songs. Every other song was a song I like. The files I uploaded are those songs.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

That sounds nice but it means that someone (me) has to trudge through everything and decide what is listenable. Somehow. It's going to be big but I don't know how big... Probably at least a few jiggabytes. I don't know how practical that is, so we might have to rethink part of this. MM had about 1 gb of music, but he's our most prolific poster. At that he has 136 songs in no more than 197 posts. I'll figure out what that means later but I'm guessing it'll be around 10 gb.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Oh, you're going to delete songs? :(

I think as long as it's in a torrent, it doesn't matter how large it is.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Hrm. This topic must be serious, the title is in all caps.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage wrote:Oh, you're going to delete songs? :(

I think as long as it's in a torrent, it doesn't matter how large it is.
That's true, if you really don't want something and don't have room you can just cut it out. What I was actually saying was "if I cut songs out THEN I'd have to do this and I don't want to." So hopefully that doesn't happen.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

I'm okay with the joke songs being on the playlist. I say if it's easier, just throw it all in without discretion. I don't think they need to be all quality songs, because if something horrible comes on, it will at least be funny and then it can be deleted by the person that has downloaded it if they wish.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

So, I'll have you know I'm up to page 36 in copying things down. That may not seem like much but you should know that I actually haven't been working on it at all. Whoops! But I'm not giving up on it, and I still don't really like that playlist site too much so I shall press on.

ANYWAY A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS. I'm not really directing this at anyone in particular, I'm hoping for some consensus.

1. What do we want the file names to be? My thought has been #-Artist-Title (where # is in order of posting in the original thread).
2. Do we want the original poster to be identified in some way? 'Cause I haven't been recording them in my list so that'd be annoying to find but I can do it anyway, it'll just take a bit more time (and more time spent slacking instead of working). I could put it into the file name but I don't know where else it'd go.
3. (bonus edit question) What file format do we want? I'm thinking 128 kbps, mp3, the rest I don't really know about anyway. Most of my music is archival 320kbps but that's a little big, and not what most people use in their personal collections.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

LordRetard wrote:1. What do we want the file names to be? My thought has been #-Artist-Title (where # is in order of posting in the original thread).
2. Do we want the original poster to be identified in some way? 'Cause I haven't been recording them in my list so that'd be annoying to find but I can do it anyway, it'll just take a bit more time (and more time spent slacking instead of working). I could put it into the file name but I don't know where else it'd go.
3. (bonus edit question) What file format do we want? I'm thinking 128 kbps, mp3, the rest I don't really know about anyway. Most of my music is archival 320kbps but that's a little big, and not what most people use in their personal collections.
1. That format sounds fine. If possible, tag the album (though not in the title) so that we know that too.
2. If possible, that'd be great. But, if it's too annoying you can pass on it.
3. 128kbps at the least is fine with me.

Avalant
Ahmet's sex life

Post by Avalant »

I have a bunch of the songs I can submit, I'll e-mail you later and then upload them to my webspace. Also I vote 192kbps MP3, less frequency clipping and still not too big a file. I can re-encode what I have to whatever format you decide on though (all my stuff is 320kbps as well).

fancybone

Post by fancybone »

So how big is this archive going to be?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Well, my portion alone was over a gig, but I am a pretty frequent poster in the what are you listening to thread.