do you know the song

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: do you know the song

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:The only film I can think of that at all resembles your description is The changeling, but I don't think that's quite right. I wish I could be more help, I know from experience how ridiculously hard it is to find information on Canadian made things online, I once spent three hours trying unsuccessfully to find out if there was a fourth season of Slings and Arrows.

Out of curiosity have you tried Wikipedia's list of Canadian Films? I know it's incomplete, but there's a chance it could be on there.
No, that's not it. Ones that have come up regularly are Secret Window, The Swimming Pool and Misery. They have some similar plot points. Actually, Secret Window is very close, though it is clearly not independent.

I'll definitely have to spend some time on that list of Canadian films, though.

drakken22

Post by drakken22 »

HARDKORE wrote:do you know the song that i am wanting to hear again. it goes something like

life is calling and unlike the last time dont let it pass you bye

its a guy singing it.
Well its obviously Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
Granted, that's my official answer to any music related question, but since you asked...

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

That movie does sound remarkably similar to the Swimming Pool, though blatantly not that. Considering the writer is female, set in france, and the body of water is rather more chlorinated. Still, weird and independant centering around a crazy writer. The movie your describing does sound fantastic though.. Wish someone knew it so I could look into it more.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

It seems like all indie Canadian films centre on crazy people and bodies of water. I guess we have a ton of both.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Well water has so much great symbolism to it as well. There's just something passionate and mysterious seen as innate to any body of water which really sets the mood. Especially something like the ocean with all of its history, and as a transition from the sane/stable "land" to the ever changing madness of mystery in the unknown depths.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Yep. Just covered in lakes and crazy people.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Non of the Canadian indie films I've seen have had crazy people and lakes. Actually maybe one if you count The Decline of the American Empire but really those profs were borderline at best.

Actually I haven't seen nearly as many Canadian movies as I would like, they can be hard to come by where I am. Does anybody here have any recommendations for ones I should seek out?
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter is the only actually sure its Canadian independent film I can think of. First half is excellent, I felt it really dropped off after that though.

.. and yes, there's a scene with jesus kungfu. Its that kind of cheese.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Hatley High

or Hannah takes the stairs, if you are strange that way.
Also, The Point, Baghead, C.R.A.Z.Y. and Johnny Mnemonic.

Oh yeah. Johnny Mnemonic.

There was also this movie that was about two dudes wishing the world would disappear, and waking up one day to find their house in an endless white bouncy void, but i can't recall the title of that one, so i'll leave you all hanging.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Are you talking about a movie called Nothing.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

I never thought i'd ever say something like that, but you win soooooooo hard.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I thought the listings could only be independent? I mean Johnny Mnemonic is awesome, if a sad shadow of its origins.

... Yeah, I don't think any of us ever expected you to say that to HardKore Cheese, truely today is a day to fear/remember.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I'm looking for anything Canadian. Of course independent is good, but not necessary.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.