Quake co-op

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

marTAY

Quake co-op

Post by marTAY »

We just set up a Quake 1 co-op game. Any time, you can drop in and play the single player game wherever it was left by the last players. You can play with multiple people too (up to 8, I think)!

The info is on the quake page: http://80smachine.homeip.net/quake

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

I have an honest question. What is this Quake that everyone is talking about?
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Sheriff Dani
Site Admin, Moderator

Post by Sheriff Dani »

Tell me a little more about yourself first.

1) Do you play videogames?
2) How old are you?
3) Do you play videogames?
4) What country do you live in?
5) Does this country have caves?
6) Do you live in a cave?
7) Do you play videogames?

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Im guessing he is a super intellegent Wolf that some how learned how to use a computer But his evil scientist creator wont let him play video games for fear they will corrupt his very moldable mind, One time he tried playing Black and White and his master caught him, ooohhh.... he got a legendary beating and sprayed on the nose with amonia........ or he has just never heard of they game, what do I know?

wolf

Post by wolf »

Yes, I play video games. However, I also go to this place called outside and I interact with real people face to face not just people on a screen. Scary concept I know. Video games don't run my life, thats a job for weed, booze and school. :wink:

As for the other questions: I'm 21, I live in Canadia, we have caves and igloos, I wasn't raised in a cave or igloo but rather a barn. It was actually more of a wooden shed than a barn. we_are_138's story was pretty much how I was raised, just change he to she and his to her.

Is Quake one of those "let's kill/shoot people" kind of games? If so, my breasts act as this kind of filter for those games, well actually my right breast is the shooter game filter and my left breast filters out sports games. Bit of a bother actually.

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Whats this "outside" you speak of?
and Is canadas weed pretty weak Ive heard tell it is.

wolf

Post by wolf »

we_are_138 wrote:Whats this "outside" you speak of?
Outside is this wonderful place with air that isn't recycled through air vents. There is this thing called a sun that gives off natural light. Canadia's weed is top notch.

However, I still have no idea what Quake is. Is it a PC game? Is it any good? Is there a story to it?

singtralala

Post by singtralala »

wolf wrote:
we_are_138 wrote:Whats this "outside" you speak of?
Outside is this wonderful place with air that isn't recycled through air vents. There is this thing called a sun that gives off natural light. Canadia's weed is top notch.

However, I still have no idea what Quake is. Is it a PC game? Is it any good? Is there a story to it?
pc game, don't know how old, i played for the first time 6 years ago
it's about killing some sort of pissed off monsters that are running around the world. i could be wrong and it could be about this pissed off guy that goes to a planet filled with monsters just to blow them apart using really hostile yet fun weapons like nailguns, shotguns, grenade and rocket launchers. the guy also kills angry dogs just for the sake of it.
i don't know the story cuz i only had the demo version that was 10 levels long and it was fun enough just blasting things off.

hope that explanation is enough

it's really cool that this quake thing got started cuz nowadays is just kids and their master chieves and covenants n' shit
i'd love to give it a try but my net services provider (in the university) only gives access to programs such as firefox and msn

Sheriff Dani
Site Admin, Moderator

Post by Sheriff Dani »

Oh I?m sorry, I guess I should have done some research. You?re a girl. That explains it. I?ve rarely found other girls besides myself who know anything at all about videogames, even the most popular ones. And please try not to be such a smartass. I go outside. It's just so scary sometimes that I have to resort to hissing at the sun and making my way back to my safe little hole I've carved where all I do is shit and shoot people.

You couldn?t miss Quake, even if you don?t play ?shooter games? (I don?t know why you treat this as if it?s a filthy word) unless your video game experience started with Sims.

There's a story. Maybe if you played the game before judging it, you'd know that. Ever play Doom? That's good stuff too. What about MARIO? I know that may be a little obscure for you, but try to bear with me. Oh wait, since I never go outside, I may just be WAY over your head here with my disgusting plethora of games that I've played in the past fifteen years of my life.

wolf

Post by wolf »

Sheriff Dani wrote:Oh I?m sorry, I guess I should have done some research. You?re a girl. That explains it. I?ve rarely found other girls besides myself who know anything at all about videogames, even the most popular ones. And please try not to be such a smartass. I go outside. It's just so scary sometimes that I have to resort to hissing at the sun and making my way back to my safe little hole I've carved where all I do is shit and shoot people.
No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone; I can be a belligerent asshole when I feel like I'm being attacked in anyway. I honestly had never heard of Quake and gained no insight into what the game is like when I looked it up. Then I felt like I was being ridiculed because I didn't know about a certain game so I had to be a newbie that has never played a single video game ever.

As for shooter games, I can't stand guns in any form. When I have to go through a metal dectector just so that I can teach and people I know die in a club because some guy decided that he didn't like his attitude and shoots him, any game or movie with guns leaves a bad taste in my mouth.(note I don't blame video games at all, video games don't kill people) And I just don't like sports games because I don't like sports.

And the whole boob filter thing is an inside joke with my friends as well as a defense mechanism. I hang out with a large group of guys from my childhood and when ever I don't know about something that they all do the chalk it up to me being a girl. I always repond with "Oh yeah, because my boobs act as a filter for (insert anything here)." Again, this is because I'm a belligerent bitch.

Sheriff Dani
Site Admin, Moderator

Post by Sheriff Dani »

Haha no, I?m just ribbin?. And hey, im not big on sports games either. I guess if you?re gonna play sports, maybe you should just go play sports. I think I drew a comic about that once, I can?t remember.

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

Have you seen me? Do I look like I could play football outside of NFL2ksomething???

marine

Post by marine »

its good stuff

BUT WE NEED TO PLAY RIGHT NOW.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

wolf wrote:And I just don't like sports games because I don't like sports.
In 2023, the EA-Micro$oft* conglomerate published Fifa '22 (having faced delays because of licensing issues) for the next-generation consoles of the time. Despite the title being an exact copy of World Soccer for the Master System, it was universally acknowledged as being so good as to make all actual sports irrelevant. The upsurge of this was a plummet in physical exercise, and a global increase in obesity by over 200%. This caused no end of environmental issues in an already damaged ecosystem, and for this reason, I agree with you -- sports games suck.

* It was in 2011 that Microsoft adopted the dollar sign as part of their official name. It was considered nearly as shrewd as the previous year's surprise, where Bill Gates legally changed his first name to "Little Willy". Whilst this confounded competitors, investors had to admit they "liked his style".
Pirate.

Smon

Post by Smon »

GreenCrayon wrote:
wolf wrote:And I just don't like sports games because I don't like sports.
In 2023, the EA-Micro$oft* conglomerate published Fifa '22 (having faced delays because of licensing issues) for the next-generation consoles of the time. Despite the title being an exact copy of World Soccer for the Master System, it was universally acknowledged as being so good as to make all actual sports irrelevant. The upsurge of this was a plummet in physical exercise, and a global increase in obesity by over 200%. This caused no end of environmental issues in an already damaged ecosystem, and for this reason, I agree with you -- sports games suck.

* It was in 2011 that Microsoft adopted the dollar sign as part of their official name. It was considered nearly as shrewd as the previous year's surprise, where Bill Gates legally changed his first name to "Little Willy". Whilst this confounded competitors, investors had to admit they "liked his style".
XD That's just random and hilarious, you have officially reached Rigamarole status.