LAST DOT FM

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Groff

Re: LAST DOT FM

Post by Groff »

Asherian I enjoyed Zelazny too. Not because of spectacular writing or layers of meaning, just that he had a great imagination. Why didn't they make the Amber series into a TV show or movie (series)?

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Groff wrote:Asherian I enjoyed Zelazny too. Not because of spectacular writing or layers of meaning, just that he had a great imagination. Why didn't they make the Amber series into a TV show or movie (series)?
Because the awesome would be to much?

Honestly Amber is indicative of my biggest problems with him, reading the series feels like your reading the outlines to this great epic wonderful thing. The ideas are all there, its fleshed out a little in a few parts, the plot/story is solid and visible, but thats it. All very minimal. Then you read his short stories say "Black Unicorn" for instance and its this fully fleshed out wonderfully descriptive work. It just leaves you going wtf at his novels, he -can- write better and be awesome at it, just chooses not to to make us suffer I guess? Or maybe the whole point with the amber series is to leave more up to the reader to fill in all those gaps of description, to make you focus on the story, since its all thats there after all.

He has amazing ideas, and can write great imagery, I just wish he'd do both at the same time more often. (Yes, I'm aware he's dead now so its a moot point.)

Awww you should LR! I'd love to read some of it.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Asherian wrote:Honestly Amber is indicative of my biggest problems with him, reading the series feels like your reading the outlines to this great epic wonderful thing. The ideas are all there, its fleshed out a little in a few parts, the plot/story is solid and visible, but thats it. All very minimal.
That's actually what I enjoyed most about the Amber novels. They did not have any extraneous information; everything that you needed to know was given to you in the same order that Corwin got it (in the case of the first series) or Merlin (in the second series). If you're one of those people who just *has* to have all of the extra fluff associated with the Amber universe, you could look into the Visual Guide to Castle Amber or the Amber Sourcebook.

I second the motion that LR post his stuffs.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

It just left me feeling so very odd when reading his amber books since I was used to his more prose heavy works. Nothing wrong, just so very odd.

Oh can we get a third? I'm sure someone else wants this!
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

A third for what? I wasn't paying attention.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Something about LR posting his moobs or something, I don't know.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Groff

Post by Groff »

I third the motion. Post your story, my Lord!

Your faithful servant,
Groff

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Fine then. I don't like it nearly as much as I did when I wrote it, but hopefully it's an okay story anyway.