Creationism.

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Thomas Aquinas

Re: Creationism.

Post by Thomas Aquinas »

Kimra wrote:Let me think... have I mentioned Japan today? Because Japanese steals from every language. Just add a couple of extra vowels, destroy all r's and make them l's, and it's a Japanese word.
So that would make that...

VEILY, VEILY LAECIST!
Last edited by Thomas Aquinas on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
not actually a saint.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

It's true though. A lot of American words have been Japan-a-nized. For example, the main character in Death Note (an anime) is nicknamed "Kira", which is the Japanese adaptation of the English "killer".
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Everyones a little bit racist.
King Prawn

Thomas Aquinas

Post by Thomas Aquinas »

mountainmage wrote:It's true though. A lot of American words have been Japan-a-nized. For example, the main character in Death Note (an anime) is nicknamed "Kira", which is the Japanese adaptation of the English "killer".
Just because it's true doesn't mean it's not racist... at least not in the modern usage. The explanation came very close to the stereotyped description of Japanese accents, and besides, most languages do that anyway.
not actually a saint.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'm just saying what I've heard. Regardless of whether it's close to the "stereotypical accent" of a Japanese person, that's how they chose to adapt the English language. It's not racist at all to make these observations. I'm not making fun of it, or saying that they talk a certain way, only that they use our words in their own language, only slightly modified.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I remember talking about that in class. MAKUDONARUDO! It's pretty easy to put words into a Japanese accent because their phonology is pretty simple... Not that you care. Woe is me!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I care. And it's Makudonarudosu. Other words of fun. Toireto (toilet), basu (bus), enpitsu (pencil), terebi (television), etc

When I went to Makudonaruusu I would always buy a chisubaga hapi seto (Cheese Burger Happy Set).
Last edited by Kimra on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Prawn

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Ach, no Haarubisu? I didn't realise it was Canadian only. How will I get my turipu buguru canbo?

Thomas Aquinas

Post by Thomas Aquinas »

mountainmage wrote:I'm just saying what I've heard. Regardless of whether it's close to the "stereotypical accent" of a Japanese person, that's how they chose to adapt the English language. It's not racist at all to make these observations. I'm not making fun of it, or saying that they talk a certain way, only that they use our words in their own language, only slightly modified.
Yeah, I know. I was attempting to cast light on our society's oversensitivity to racial comments and its habit of calling any discussion of other races racist. Oh well.
not actually a saint.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Tulip Burgers? Now I want a tulip burger.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Turipo, TURIPO. Jeez, can't you speak Japanglish?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Kimra wrote:Everyones a little bit racist.
Please tell me that this a reference to Avenue Q. I will love you forever if it is.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Tulip Burgers? Now I want a tulip burger.
MM is right. It's "turipu"! Duh! (triple)

smiley_cow wrote:
Please tell me that this a reference to Avenue Q. I will love you forever if it is.
That's what I thought too... Though I haven't seen it.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

smiley_cow wrote:
Even if it wasn't I'm gonna say it was.*

*I've had the song stuck in my head since posting that. "Take out the lecyclables."

mountainmage wrote:Turipo, TURIPO. Jeez, can't you speak Japanglish?
Is it a triple burger? A trip burger? I kind of like the Tulip burger idea... is it vegetarian?
King Prawn

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Sorry, I meant "turiparu". I don't think I've had a vegetarian meal before, unless duck counts as a vegetable (sort of??).