LIN228- Phonetics
SPA220- Do try to guess.
LIN232- Syntax
ABS230- Inuktitut
LIN241- Semantics
MAT223- Linear Algebra (ruugh)
LIN229- Phonology

MY NOTES AND DELIBERATIONS:
-Fridays off! But I'll still probably work every other week. I also have every course that I wanted.
-Some of the days are a tad longer than I have wanted, because my single-section linguistics courses are all in really dumb places. It's unavoidable but damn. Maybe I should find a hobby or something.
-Spanish in Emmanuel College again, which is a horrific basement place. I mention this only because generally I don't have any courses in the Vic College area unless they're language courses, which means that everything is a walk. I get 10 minutes to make it across campus. Better than last year when I had to do it twice a week, but still a pisser. There's another walk between math and semantics but they're probably in about the same area anyway.
-Inuktitut is three hours long, which I don't really have the bladder for- it's like a movie, even. I'm really looking forward to it, though. Depressingly, only three people have signed up so far. I'm not worried about losing the course- we've run a session with only seven people, and I have a back-up with 500 spots and a wait-list; but what the hell, Canadia? This is just about the most interesting thing we have left and no one cares. I don't understand society. Regrettably, I recognise the location, and that's Robarts Library (which even Americans might be familiar with, and was the source of inspiration for Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose; it is ugly), 6th floor, and that's the linguistics department. That means I'm guaranteed to run into someone I know. I don't get along with people.
-Sidney Smith also blows, but that's because it is a fucking oven.
-Way digging taking calculus again. It's been over a year and I'm really missing it.

As for the rest of you folks, feel free to post your schedules, then talk about them! I'm interested in what people are doing in their inferior schools.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: For students!

Post by smiley_cow »

I'd post mine but it's all, "How to teach French, How to teach sociality, etc..." The only interesting thing I'm doing this year is auditing Ancient Greek History in term one and Ancient Roman History in term 2. I can't actually take them because education is a track system, and I am not allowed electives this year. :(

Edit: I'm wondering, don't you get breaks about half way through a three hour course you can use to go to the bathroom? At least that's how it's generally worked out for any three hours classes I've had.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Do you think sharing the times when you will be at known places is a good idea, seeing as there is a Hamiltonian lesbian with a propensity for human-skin coats frequenting the board?

My best semester ever? I had Monday Tuesday and Wednesday (one class each) night course while on campus, which was about 7-10. No classes before noon. The other two classes I had were something like noon and 2 on Tues/Thurs. So my weekend stretched from 10pm Thurs until 7pm Monday.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

smiley_cow wrote:Edit: I'm wondering, don't you get breaks about half way through a three hour course you can use to go to the bathroom? At least that's how it's generally worked out for any three hours classes I've had.
ANSWER: Probably. At that the floor is tiny, so the washroom isn't exactly hard to get to. I'm sure we can take a quick 2-minute break if one of the 3 students needs to go in three hours.
FUNNIER ANSWER: One would hope.

Last year I had, for the most part, classes at noon and then I usually didn't have to stay for longer than 2 hours (though admittedly that's because I skipped my less important classes, like anything without attendance). The catch was that I had to show up every day. It's always a compromise. Really thankful for getting Friday off.
Lethal Interjection wrote:Do you think sharing the times when you will be at known places is a good idea, seeing as there is a Hamiltonian lesbian with a propensity for human-skin coats frequenting the board?
Don't worry. She's never seen what my eyes look like. She'll never recognise me!

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Calculus is easy! If you ever need help on a problem, feel free to ask me your question.*

*I don't remember if you're good at math, but I'm genuinely offering help, should you need it, so don't take this the wrong way.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Avalant
Ahmet's sex life

Post by Avalant »

My friend Blum used to make me solve calculus problems while I was drunk, because I was always the most coherent person at the party.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

LordRetard wrote:ABS230- Inuktitut
This made me laugh out loud and I don't know why.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

It totally has "tit" in it, ahaha.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage wrote:Calculus is easy! If you ever need help on a problem, feel free to ask me your question.*

*I don't remember if you're good at math, but I'm genuinely offering help, should you need it, so don't take this the wrong way.
Okay, I thought you were being rude because I was actually really good at calculus. In light of this news I will only beat you half to death.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

You should beat me to the derivative of my life, it'd be more topical.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I don't know, MM, wouldn't we get on kind of a tangent, then?

:D

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

See? Can't stop making calculus puns now.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

You're breaking the illusion of me still thinking you're 35. Stop it.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Maybe I'm an older part-time student. You don't know.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote: Edit: I'm wondering, don't you get breaks about half way through a three hour course you can use to go to the bathroom? At least that's how it's generally worked out for any three hours classes I've had.
For the most part they gave us a 15 min about halfway through.
However, a lot of my teachers just left it up to us at course start. If we wanted to just run right through and get out early, or if we wanted to take 2 shorter breaks at hour intervals, or the above.