My review of Silent Hill Homecoming.

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

HARDKORE
The Heavy

My review of Silent Hill Homecoming.

Post by HARDKORE »

It is an action adventure horror game. You play as Alex Shepherd. He is a war vet that is just coming home to his town of Shepherd's Glen. He meets him mom and finds out his brother is missing. He goes to look for him and meets a childhood friend who there was probably more then meets the eye going on with. He finds out that most of the townsfolk are have gone missing. He starts out on an adventure.

Graphics

This game has awesome 1080 graphics. The fmv sequences are top of the line. Some of the best work I have seen on the 360. You can even read writing on the walls and signs.

Game play

If you have played a silent hill game then you know what the camera angles are like. It puts me in the mind of resident evil 2. You have to rely on melee weapons. Firearms ammo is few and should be saved for a certain monster. It is called the smog. You get close to it and its chest opens up and shots smog in all directions. The radio and flashlight are back. The functions have not changed.

Puzzles

The puzzles are back. Some more trickier then others. One comes to mind as I write this. Each family has its own crest. You have to solve a puzzle with the crest on rings that you have to line up. It took me while. To get that one.

Story

The story is good. It ties into the themes of other silent hill games. You will learn a lot about the past of Shepherd's Glen and then you will enter silent hill itself. It is a new part of town that you have not seen in the other games. You will have multiple choice questions that will help lead the story along.

Monsters

There is monsters from the past games. The executioner is this game. You don’t fight him but seeing him in 1080 will frighten you real good. The nurses are back and there is a monsters from origins that is in the game. He is a pain just like the new monster that has a ax blade for a head.

Overall

This is a good game. I would say 3/5 and would play threw it again. I started to play it again but dang it I just had to get out my resident evil games and start on them again after playing threw 5 on all four difficulties. If there is anything you would like to know about this game then ask.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: My review of Silent Hill Homecoming.

Post by mountainmage »

Is Pyramid Head in it?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

HARDKORE wrote:This game has awesome 1080 graphics
1080i or 1080p?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

by mountainmage on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Is Pyramid Head in it?
Yes. His official name in by konami is the executioner. When you first see him you only see a doctor being picked up and his blade going threw him. The next time you see him, he is talking down the hall way of a hotel. Your hiding but he looks right at you and walks away. I don’t want to say more because he plays a role in the game ending. You don’t fight him, he does play a part in the story of the game.

In this game, he is animated to look more like a human. You can see his muscle tone real well. You can really tell that the 360 has good graphics. This is him in part 2 and the bottom is him in homecoming. In homecoming his blad is so big he has to drag it behind him.

by Edminster on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:44 pm

HARDKORE wrote:
This game has awesome 1080 graphics
1080i or 1080p?
According to the box it does both progressive and interlaced but my TV on does progressive. That is good enough for me. As I said above, you can tell that the 360 has awesome graphics. If you have seen resident evil degeneration, it puts me in the mind of it.

THis is what i have but i got it from tiger direct not overstock

my tv
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

HARDKORE wrote:According to the box it does both progressive and interlaced but my TV on does progressive. That is good enough for me.
I'm very glad that you find the best refresh rate currently possible to be good enough for you.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Protip: P > I but Pi < Pie.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

This game gave my kids nightmares. I liked it! Finished it a bit quick tho and the re playability is kinda low cause you know where all the scary bits are..
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Yes. I finally got 4 of the 5 endings. You was talking about not a big replay value. Try it on hard mode. I have found that those stupid feral like to jump out of know where.

freako104

Post by freako104 »

The Smogger kind of ruined it for me. I love the other SH games. This one wasn't bad but the Smogger did ruin it for me :/
This isn't really happening!
Spreading the madness of Cthulhu. One mind at a time. Starting with my own

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Let me tell you all what he is talking about.

It appears as a man with an opened torso and his head reared far back, with glowing, inflamed lungs and other glowing orange tumors sprouting on its body and especially its throat, as well as glowing orange eyes. It is a tall, spindly creature with an opposable ribcage, which opens vertically and can be used to attack. It spews a noxious black gas. This gas continuously leaks from their mouths, and flecks of burning embers are also present in it.
Alex will cover his mouth and start to cough. Shoot it from far away.

freako104

Post by freako104 »

I did note though the Homecoming game was a lot like the movie for me.
This isn't really happening!
Spreading the madness of Cthulhu. One mind at a time. Starting with my own

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I have not seen the movie. It would probably bring on so much happiness that I would suffer for weeks.

Pleass

Post by Pleass »

I don't remember the Silent Hill movie getting particularly good or bad reviews. I don't feel like the style would translate well into cinema, because it is so dark and gory. It's also one of those games you HAVE TO PLAY with the headphones on. Popular American cinema isn't good at that sort of thing, in my opinion...
Last edited by Pleass on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help me find a funny status, stat!

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

I've got you covered:
It was a bad movie so don't watch it.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

jimm1909

Post by jimm1909 »

Pleass wrote:I don't remember the Silent Hill movie getting particularly good or bad reviews. I don't feel like the style would translate well into cinema, because it is so dark and gory. It's also one of those games you HAVE TO PLAY with the headphones on. Popular American cinema isn't good at that sort of thing, in my opinion...
I agree completely. Definitely need the headphones on. Reminds me of when I went to Vegas... check it out: Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas Reviews. Definitely worth leaving some Las Vegas Hotel Reviews when you have a good stay. Check out my Mirage Hotel Reviews
-Jim
Last edited by jimm1909 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.