Waste Some Time!

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Yamid

Waste Some Time!

Post by Yamid »

I know these don't work, but jesus christ.

www.petitiononline.com/Arrested/petition.html

Also, I am sorry for posting so much recently.
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Re: Waste Some Time!

Post by GreenCrayon »

Yamid wrote:Also, I am sorry for posting so much recently.
You're forgiven, I'm sure. Hey, I've got over 50 posts to my name now -- I think I'm actually currently holding the record.

I even considered running a "Should GreenCrayon shut up?" thread, but the irony hurt my liver.
Pirate.

Smon

Post by Smon »

GreenCrayon wrote:
Yamid wrote:Also, I am sorry for posting so much recently.
You're forgiven, I'm sure. Hey, I've got over 50 posts to my name now -- I think I'm actually currently holding the record.

I even considered running a "Should GreenCrayon shut up?" thread, but the irony hurt my liver.
*pulls out cliche' scroll of knowledge*

Let's see here...
1) GreenCrayon
2) wiztoast
3) Snakesonaplane
4) PsychicBacon
5) Sheriff Dani
6) singtralala
7) Smon
8 ) we_are_138
9) wolf
10) TwoBuy

Top 10 posters.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Smon wrote:2) wiztoast
3) Snakesonaplane
4) PsychicBacon
5) Sheriff Dani
Well, that explains my sudden lunge for power -- my "competitors" for the top spot have all recently been posting less. Or, possibly, haven't posted at all for a while. Wiztoast, naturally, has a steady presence here, but the other three haven't posted a word in over a week, with Snakesonaplane being the most recent at November 4th.
Pirate.

Smon

Post by Smon »

GreenCrayon wrote:
Smon wrote:2) wiztoast
3) Snakesonaplane
4) PsychicBacon
5) Sheriff Dani
Well, that explains my sudden lunge for power -- my "competitors" for the top spot have all recently been posting less. Or, possibly, haven't posted at all for a while. Wiztoast, naturally, has a steady presence here, but the other three haven't posted a word in over a week, with Snakesonaplane being the most recent at November 4th.
*is devoted to reaching the top 5*

"eye of the bluejay, ear of a walrus, toe of a corncob, nose of a hammer!!! Eye of th ebluejay its the thrill of the fight...*

Kirbo

Post by Kirbo »

On a note, everyone should sign this, then boycott Fox until AD comes back.

Honestly, where is the justice in TV-land. Futurama and Arrested Development get cancelled, while American Dad gets to keep going.

I hope NBC picks up Arrested, they get smart comedy. They had Seinfeld and Fraiser forever.
We were dumping the body, and we laughed.

http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

"Fox pulls 'Arrested Development' for November sweeps
Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:03 PM ET16
By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - In a move that will likely spell the end of a TV show that critics love but never drew big audiences, the Fox network said on Friday it pulled offbeat comedy "Arrested Development" from its schedule for the rest of the month.

Fox plans to air reruns of its popular new jailhouse drama "Prison Break" in place of "Arrested Development" through the end of November "sweeps," when networks go all-out to boost their ratings for the sake of local TV stations' ad sales.

Removing a struggling show during sweeps, while falling short of outright cancellation, is usually a sure sign a network has given up hope on a series.

In addition, Fox, a unit of News Corp. Ltd., said it had cut back its production order for "Arrested Development" to 13 episodes from 22 episodes for the season.

A network spokesman said the show would return to prime time in December but the show's future beyond that had not been decided.

Insiders at the network and its sister production studio, 20th Century Fox Television, said it was doubtful the series would be renewed for a fourth season next year.

"It probably does spell the end of the show," one source told Reuters.

The comedy, starring Jason Bateman as a widower struggling to manage the affairs of his dysfunctional family after his father, played by Jeffrey Tambor, lands in prison, has been a darling of TV critics since its launch in 2003.

Despite winning an Emmy Award as best comedy last fall, the show has continued to flounder in the ratings, averaging a meager 4.2 million viewers through the five original episodes that have aired this season.

"There was a very loyal and passionate audience that unfortunately never did grow," studio spokesman Chris Alexander said.

Along with "Arrested Development," Fox also is taking freshman comedy "Kitchen Confidential" off the air for the remaining three Mondays of the November sweep.

Elsewhere in prime time, the WB network said on Friday that one of its top shows, family drama "7th Heaven," will end its 10-year run in May in what one source said was a decision determined in large part by economics.

The show, which averages 5.1 million viewers, will leave the airwaves as the longest-running family drama in U.S. TV history, outpacing two hit series from the 1970s and '80s, "The Waltons" and "Little House on the Prairie," the Time Warner Inc.-controlled network said.

Rising production costs for the ensemble drama and the fact that "7th Heaven" was up for renegotiation with producers and cast members contributed to the WB's decision not to renew the series for an 11th season, a person close to the program said."

Something like this happend last season too, its always been close to cancellation but usually pulls through. My fingers are crossed.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

I can honestly say I've never seen an entire episode of Arrested Development, but I only watch like 3 tv shows so what do I know. From what I understand it's not getting good ratings so it wouldn't make ecomonic sense to keep it right?
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Smon

Post by Smon »

Okay maybe they're just bringing AD to an end... I mean Futurama got cancelled before we got to the end. (I.E:All plotholes filled... what did Nibbler mean when he said Leela was "the other"?)

And American Dad isn't that bad.

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

My friend, who is a space pirate, told me he had heard Arrested Development might be shopped around to other cable channels. So, maybe somebody will get it after fox. I guess this means I wouldn't get to watch it until it comes out on DVD though, as I have the $10 cable. Still, I didn't even find out how great it was until the 2nd season started, so I can probably wait.
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

Goose

Post by Goose »

Smon wrote:Okay maybe they're just bringing AD to an end... I mean Futurama got cancelled before we got to the end. (I.E:All plotholes filled... what did Nibbler mean when he said Leela was "the other"?)

American Dad Sucks, i mean really its family guy only the characters or either the same, or drastically opisite, Except family guy is funny, and so is futurama! what the fuck? i hope Teletoon still airs it.
Evil Wins!
www.Canadianpaintball.com Not My Site, but friggen Awesome.

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Smon

Post by Smon »

Goose wrote:
Smon wrote:Okay maybe they're just bringing AD to an end... I mean Futurama got cancelled before we got to the end. (I.E:All plotholes filled... what did Nibbler mean when he said Leela was "the other"?)

American Dad Sucks, i mean really its family guy only the characters or either the same, or drastically opisite, Except family guy is funny, and so is futurama! what the fuck? i hope Teletoon still airs it.
Cartoon Network does.

Anyway, I think American Dad was made just so McFarlene could make one show for pop culture (family guy) and one show for politics. (american dad)

Goose

Post by Goose »

Smon wrote:
Goose wrote:

Cartoon Network does.

Anyway, I think American Dad was made just so McFarlene could make one show for pop culture (family guy) and one show for politics. (american dad)
He knows too much! he must be Exterminated...

Exterminate...

Extermiante...
Evil Wins!
www.Canadianpaintball.com Not My Site, but friggen Awesome.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I tend to think American Dad came into existance because Family Guy got canceled and so Seth needed a way to get popular (most Americans hate actual humor) so FG could reair. Mission accomplished. Now we just need a couple of sinoff to get Upright Citizens Brigade and Stella re-aired.