Who's your favorite author?

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Re: Who's your favorite author?

Post by Rainbow »

I stole borrowed Rhinoceros by Eugene Ionesco today. It's wonderful. I know it from a professor with a great beard telling me about his shirt honoring the same, so when I saw the English translation right in front of me, how could I pass it by? But really, it is excellent.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Hmm, I'll probably have to take a look at that one.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

It's a french play about how absurd people are. They all are in a trend of becoming rhinoceroses, but one character does not want to be a rhinoceros.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Yeah I read the wiki article. It sounds nice, and I'm really getting into plays lately. I kind of want to try and write one but I have to wait to get a good idea. The last play I wrote was two years ago for an assignment, which featured two acts and two characters named "1" and "2" which had a thoroughly inane conversation. I got a pretty good mark on that assignment. I might post the original. Admittedly it's heavily influenced (read: stolen) from Waiting for Godot, to the point of copying dialogue (and then the other character calling them on the theft).

naina

Post by naina »

i'm quite fond of Paulo coehlo these days...Ohh what a tremendous job what a writing style.Have u read "Alchemist" ??and if u've gone through "Brida","fifth mountain"....?? :) :)
AM QUITE CRAZY ABOUT THIS WRITER

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Never heard of him. What are his books about?
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I've read The Alchemist, and I enjoyed it because I do entertain the thought of spiritual and mystical things have an influence on our lives, but found myself disappointed when I found that outlook on life they boy is encouraged to take involving looking for omens didn't actually improve my lot in life, though it did make me more aware of my own thoughts and feelings.

Also, welcome naina. Please read the rules and introduce yourselves here before we all start getting mad at you.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

My buddy was just telling me about Fforde's new trilogy (just started), and said that, while I wasn't a huge fan of his other stuff (I liked it, great writing style and the like, but it just didn't excite me), this series should be right up my alley. So I'll have to give them a shot.

lamp_abi

Post by lamp_abi »

I'm a huge fan of Russian authors, particularly Dostoevsky and Tolstoy. I also love to read Camus, Kafka and Garcia Marquez. I think I'm pretty much into the classics and the "magical" literature of Garcia Marquez and Kafka.

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Post by Euclidthegreek »

lamp_abi wrote:I'm a huge fan of Russian authors, particularly Dostoevsky and Tolstoy. I also love to read Camus, Kafka and Garcia Marquez. I think I'm pretty much into the classics and the "magical" literature of Garcia Marquez and Kafka.
Are you LR? If not, the two of you will get right along.
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah, but if you are him, you may not be so lucky. LR hates himself.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Sahan wrote:Yeah, but if you are him, you may not be so lucky. LR hates himself.
Between myself and I there is a bit of a love/hate relationship. Anyway I am also a fan of Kafka/Camus/Márquez!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Seriously. Ed's spambots are getting really good. They are responding semi-coherently to threads, and now they've even browsed enough to ingratiate themselves among the members. Wow. A few minor upgrades to language and they'll be ready for their roles in the Blogosphere Offensive.

CorruptUser

Post by CorruptUser »

Terry Pratchett, though I assume that I'm not the only one who likes his work.

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Post by Euclidthegreek »

CorruptUser wrote:Terry Pratchett, though I assume that I'm not the only one who likes his work.
Yay! Me too.

I dont' want to push too hard on this, since the forum's all bready, but try looking at and posting in the "NEW BAKERS LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING" subforum. Thanks!
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.