Watchmen

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Re: Watchmen

Post by AHMETxRock »

The parallel was cool, but if they did that, they wouldn't be able to sell the animated movie could they?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Indeed not. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they were just too big of a group of pussies to make a 3 hour long movie.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

mountainmage wrote:The character in the comic book was supposed to be a representation of Ozy, since they both achieved their goals on the corpses of their friends.
I figured that it might be something to that end, but it only really covers about half the story

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Yeah, but if it covered the whole story, then it might as well just be Watchmen.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Watched the director's cut. Not much noticable. The dealt with the first Night Owl some more (his death), and a few other things, but nothing major.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I'm glad I picked it up over the theatrical version.

Steve01

Post by Steve01 »

I read Watchmen before I saw the movie and I'm glad I did it in that order.
The comic series is exceptional - great characters, wonderful animation, much much more than just another superhero story. The movie was alright but what I loved most about the comic series was its intertextuality - the use of novel excerpts, news clips, interviews etc. between chapters really made the Watchmen experience unique, and no movie could capture that.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I'm really lazy, I only read the main 'comic' parts of the book. If they had other things, (like the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen did) I skipped over it. Anything longer than half a page in a comic book is too much reading. That's what I say anyway. :D
King Prawn

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I've never read the comic but I did watch about 30 seconds of that -- actually I don't know what to call it -- that they had on Space where they showed the strips and someone read out the dialogue doing poor imitations of the character's voices. I feel that that's close enough.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Uh, you go ahead and feel that way. But it's not. If I think of someone destroying Stardust in such a way, I am terrified and sad. So therefore it can't possibly be the same, right? :?:
King Prawn

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

smiley_cow wrote:I've never read the comic but I did watch about 30 seconds of that -- actually I don't know what to call it -- that they had on Space where they showed the strips and someone read out the dialogue doing poor imitations of the character's voices. I feel that that's close enough.
thats the motion comic. It would've been less painful and cheesy if they had hired more voice actors. Its kinda scary with the one guy doing the voices.
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Like the whole thing is taking place in the brain of someone with multiple personalities and it's all just awful.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Probably is a more accurate reflection of Alan Moore's mind though. That guy is CrAzY
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

He most certainly is. Even Death is scared of Alan Moore.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

He does have a rockin' beard.