Weekend Movie Roundup

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Weekend Movie Roundup

Post by ZachWeiner »

Here's the rankings of the movies I've seen so far this weekend:

1) SkyCaptain and the World of Tomorrow (SO GOOD)
2) Alien vs. Predator (Surprisingly enjoyable)
3) Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (between this and Jersey Girl, I'm beginning to wonder if I ever truly loved Kevin Smith)
4) Guess Who? (on the plus side, this film helps give meaning to the soon-to-be-popular phrase "Ashton who?")
5) Haunted Honeymoon (Apparently, Gilda Radner wasn't funny when she was living either. This movie sucked DESPITE Dom DeLuise dressing as a woman)

Smon

Re: Weekend Movie Roundup

Post by Smon »

wiztoast wrote: 3) Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (between this and Jersey Girl, I'm beginning to wonder if I ever truly loved Kevin Smith)
...I liked J&SB:SB... :(

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

I watched "War or the Worlds" this weekend and I think it is now one of my favorite movies despite the fact that its lead character Is Tom Cruise ...that little bastard... I also watched "Stealth" which ,Big suprise, was completely retarded Its like "War Games" mixed with "Top Gun".

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

To respond...

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is just hilarious. Campy at times, but just great stuff. Jersey Girl on the other hand was poignant and well done. I don't care what people say, I loved that movie, and it will be one of the only "chick flicks" that a) I watched without the coaxing of a lady-type and b) that I will watch again.

As for Sky Captain, I was a little bit disappointed. I had a difficult time keeping awake during the movie, and I was just a little bit tired, not full blown tired. It just wasn't engaging enough to keep my interest. The only other time this has happened with a movie I thought I might like was Episode 1. It took me 3 times before I got through that movie. 3 times.

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

Lethal Interjection wrote:To respond...

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is just hilarious. Campy at times, but just great stuff. Jersey Girl on the other hand was poignant and well done. I don't care what people say, I loved that movie, and it will be one of the only "chick flicks" that a) I watched without the coaxing of a lady-type and b) that I will watch again.

As for Sky Captain, I was a little bit disappointed. I had a difficult time keeping awake during the movie, and I was just a little bit tired, not full blown tired. It just wasn't engaging enough to keep my interest. The only other time this has happened with a movie I thought I might like was Episode 1. It took me 3 times before I got through that movie. 3 times.

I will entertain an argument that is pro-J&SSB (which had its moments), but not for Jersey Girl. It was a generic unfunny romantic comedy that happened to be directed by Kevin Smith.

And what the hell was unengaging about Skycaptain? Fuckin Angelina Jolie flies her plane/submarine toward a monster robot in order to lead torpedoes into it, then ejects at the last second, surfaces, opens her jetpack and flies to her floating aircraft carrier. DUDE.

DUDE.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:It took me 3 times before I got through that movie. 3 times.
I think I might hold a record for this, it took me 28 viewings to finish "Time Bandits". I have seen it before and since and finished it in one sitting, but for whatever reason I just couldn't stay awake for a month (all be it Feburary :) ). Note that there was no restarting, this was resuming from where I fell asleep the night before.

Smon

Post by Smon »

wiztoast wrote: And what the hell was unengaging about Skycaptain? Fuckin Angelina Jolie flies her plane/submarine toward a monster robot in order to lead torpedoes into it, then ejects at the last second, surfaces, opens her jetpack and flies to her floating aircraft carrier. DUDE.

DUDE.
...MUST. WATCH. MOVIE.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

wiztoast wrote:And what the hell was unengaging about Skycaptain? Fuckin Angelina Jolie flies her plane/submarine toward a monster robot in order to lead torpedoes into it, then ejects at the last second, surfaces, opens her jetpack and flies to her floating aircraft carrier. DUDE.

DUDE.
You had me at Angelia Jolie.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

wiztoast wrote:And what the hell was unengaging about Skycaptain? Fuckin Angelina Jolie flies her plane/submarine toward a monster robot in order to lead torpedoes into it, then ejects at the last second, surfaces, opens her jetpack and flies to her floating aircraft carrier. DUDE.

DUDE.
You lost me at "Fuckin Angelina Jolie".

For some reason my mind just kinda checked out after that.

Post by Guest »

TwoBuy wrote:I think I might hold a record for this, it took me 28 viewings to finish "Time Bandits". I have seen it before and since and finished it in one sitting, but for whatever reason I just couldn't stay awake for a month (all be it Feburary :) ). Note that there was no restarting, this was resuming from where I fell asleep the night before.
Yes, but this is STAR WARS. Its a slice of Americana, and I still couldn't get through that piece of crap.

DUDE.
Firstly, I know this won't add much credence to my argument, but I don't find Jolie all that attractive. Admitting that will probably get me banned.
Second, I didn't even make it that far in the movie. I was already nodding off before they got to her character.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

TwoBuy wrote:I think I might hold a record for this, it took me 28 viewings to finish "Time Bandits". I have seen it before and since and finished it in one sitting, but for whatever reason I just couldn't stay awake for a month (all be it Feburary ). Note that there was no restarting, this was resuming from where I fell asleep the night before.
Yes, but this is STAR WARS. Its a slice of Americana, and I still couldn't get through that piece of crap.
wiztoast wrote: And what the hell was unengaging about Skycaptain? Fuckin Angelina Jolie flies her plane/submarine toward a monster robot in order to lead torpedoes into it, then ejects at the last second, surfaces, opens her jetpack and flies to her floating aircraft carrier. DUDE.
DUDE.
Firstly, I know this won't add much credence to my argument, but I don't find Jolie all that attractive. Admitting that will probably get me banned.
Second, I didn't even make it that far in the movie. I was already nodding off before they got to her character.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Yes, but this is STAR WARS. Its a slice of Americana, and I still couldn't get through that piece of crap.
Are you trying to tell me with a staight face that Time Bandits isn't a slice of Americana?

Robin Hood: How long have you been a robber?
Dwarf: Oh, about four-foot three.

Heh Heh, they're funny cause they're short.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:Are you trying to tell me with a staight face that Time Bandits isn't a slice of Americana?
I think it's actually a slice of Britoniana. I mean, listen to the accents.
Pirate.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

GreenCrayon wrote:I think it's actually a slice of Britoniana. I mean, listen to the accents.
Origional nationality is irrelevant. Look at the Beatles.

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Angelina Jolie is a godess I dont care what anybody says :)