Guests

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Sheriff Dani
Site Admin, Moderator

Guests

Post by Sheriff Dani »

I am sick to death of fixing posts that are written by "Guests". Log the fuck in before you post.
Last edited by Sheriff Dani on Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foot365

woops

Post by foot365 »

Sheriff Dani wrote:I am sick to death of fixing posts that are written by "Guests".
Ahh woops, now i get it.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Is there any way of increasing the amount of time before one is automatically logged off? It seems to consist of anywhere between 10 minutes and exactly when I want to post a reply.

I know you can have "Log me on automatically each dern tootin' visit" checked, but that can also be unsuitable.
Pirate.

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Where the hell did dani go?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

we_are_138 wrote:Where the hell did dani go?
Good question. Rolling Damage ended recently, and with it any sign of Dani from these boards.

Come back, Sheriff! We need someone like you to keep us in line.

And, while we're on the subject, I really liked the one with Grimlock in.
Pirate.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

This comic doesn't make sense:
http://www.rollingdamage.com/Archive/Three_wishes

Doesn't she know that pirates and ninjas are mortal enemies?

Sheriff Dani
Site Admin, Moderator

Rolling Damage.

Post by Sheriff Dani »

Haha I'm still here. No one has been acting up or anything, so my Mod/Admin powers haven't really been needed; that's why I've been so scarce. As for Rolling Damage, I'll go ahead and make a public statement about it here on the SMBC forum.

Rolling Damage started out as a bunch of doodles I would sketch out whenever I was bored. It was normally just a bunch of inside jokes to share with my friends. They?d laugh, I?d enjoy making them laugh, etc. But then, friends started moving away; going to college, etc . . .then I moved . . . so it became difficult to share the sketches and stuff.

Someone had the brilliant idea of posting them on the internet to make it easier for all my buddies to access it. EJ, a friend of mine (considered a brother), decided to give me as much space as I wanted to for as long as I wanted for $10 a year. Thus, the site was born.

I wasn?t after a fan base. I wasn?t looking to show off. My thinking has always been, I?m not as good as a professional artist, I can?t work for DC, so I?m not going to bother to try. I haven?t got the talent, I haven?t got the skills. This is just for fun, and it?s just for my friends and myself.

Then the emails came. Emails from random people; people I didn?t know, people praising the comic. That made me feel both wonderful and horrible all at the same time. Wonderful because I was bringing joy to people I hadn?t expected. Horrible because well, I didn?t deserve the praise.

Eventually, the guilt ate away at me. What the hell was I doing? I was contributing to the already grotesquely oversaturated ?geeky webcomics? genre. Why add to the still growing number of about 80 bajillion freaking webcomics that are all the same? Pop culture references? Come on. We don?t need more of that.

So I shut it down. Yes, I enjoyed it. It was the one thing that really kept me going, that really provided a light at the end of a long dark day. It gave me something to do, gave me purpose. I didn?t feel so useless when I had a pencil in my hand. But being constructive and being good at something are two very different things. In the end, I?m just not as good as the thousands of others out there who are professional grade without even trying.

Rolling Damage was special to me. But it wasn?t special when you lined it up with everything else out there. I can?t draw, not good enough to be a pro, and the writing is just . . . well . . . it?s the writing of a college student who?s bored and wants to fill their time with things that make them chuckle. I?ll always wish I could go back and do it over again, do it right . . . I wouldn?t have put my name to the main character for one thing . . . but I just don?t see a way to do it.

In any case, I don?t think anyone will really miss it. It was one stupid site out of 980234320284294.

- Dani

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Well I like it anyway. Feel free to grace us with "the writing of a college student who?s bored and wants to fill their time with things that make them chuckle" anytime.

Also, the picture is kinda small, but is the Red Link Zach?

Sheriff Dani
Site Admin, Moderator

Post by Sheriff Dani »

No, that's not Zach. It would rock if it were, though.

Smon

Post by Smon »

TwoBuy wrote:This comic doesn't make sense:
http://www.rollingdamage.com/Archive/Three_wishes

Doesn't she know that pirates and ninjas are mortal enemies?
Yeah... BEHOLD, the greatest battle between Pirates and Ninjas take place in this movie. The best movie ever.

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

TwoBuy wrote:Well I like it anyway. Feel free to grace us with "the writing of a college student who?s bored and wants to fill their time with things that make them chuckle" anytime.

Also, the picture is kinda small, but is the Red Link Zach?
Wow Danis hot...

TheyMightBeJason

Post by TheyMightBeJason »

That's... kind of a sad reason to stop drawing, Madame. Because you're not as good as some of the others? Meh! Have you seen the extremely low quality of even some popular ones? Hell, Rolling Damage looks(looked?) better than 50% of the webcomics I've read. It's obviously intended for a small, personal audience, and that kind of makes it feel like, when you're not supposed to be a member of that audience, you're stealing treasure from an apathetic dragon's lair when you read it. Or something. HAI LOOK THERE'S POCKY! PEWPEWPEW

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TheyMightBeJason wrote:and that kind of makes it feel like, when you're not supposed to be a member of that audience, you're stealing treasure from an apathetic dragon's lair when you read it. Or something.
That might easily be the kindest voyeuristic simile I've ever read.

I do agree with the statement, though. Dani's drawing's rawk. Of all the webcomics I happily enjoy, it's easily in the top 10%.
Pirate.