Minecraft

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Minecraft

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Ugh.
Stupid cactus-like monster thing.
I had so much stuff. I was making iron tools, had some copper(?) a ton of torches, and a bunch of other stuff, and as I was placing a match near some darkness, BAM!

I'm going to bed now. We'll see how I feel about re-establishing my cache tomorrow...

davoid

Post by davoid »

Yeah, Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/9/22/) kind of temporarily broke everything Minecraft related by sending their eight quadrillion plus fans it's way. I'm glad they linked it, though. Notch deserves the publicity - living deity of awesome that he is.

On the plus side, I've been playing the client off my computer in the meantime and I FOUND MY FIRST DUNGEON TODAY OHMYGOD. Yep, I got like 30+ mossy cobblestone, two saddles for riding pigs, and a zombie spawner which I am currently in the process of rigging to a death machine so I can harvest feathers.
All the cool kids are reading http://www.hitmanpiranha.com and http://www.ss-comic.com!

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I've taken a break from my deep-ass mine and am currently building a huge-ass fort surface-level fort. Not sure what that nets me but whatever.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

DonRetrasado wrote:I've taken a break from my deep-ass mine and am currently building a huge-ass fort surface-level fort. Not sure what that nets me but whatever.
This is basically what I am doing as well, because I have found that I have digital claustrophobia. One entire wall is made of glass so that I can always see outside; it's kind of sad, really.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Yeah on one hand I kind of get lost in my own mine, or spend most of my time just going through tiny passages that I've already dug. But on the other there's nothing but dirt and stone on the surface... I honestly spent at least a couple of hours building walls between two mountains to give myself a totally useless courtyard. On the plus side I get to burn down a tree whenever it gets in the way of my fortress walls. Also the rooftop areas of my fortress are so big that animals spawn on them. And then I set them on fire. I think when I finally get an account I'm heading towards the ocean.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Goddamn it takes a long time to smelt 64 glass blocks.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Dear Minecraft,

Please stop being so ridiculous.

Love,
Ed

ps

gödel stop spreading fud

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Well. Someone has way too much spare time. And a huge attention span.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

I think multiplayer is the way forward.

davoid

Post by davoid »

I made a feather assembly line deep underground! Basically I just tunneled up until ample sunlight was streaming down into the dungeon I found yesterday. Then, I surrounded the zombie spawner that was there in rock, with a tunnel leading out into a large glass room nearby. I used water springs to semi-flood the room with the zombie spawner, with all the excess water flowing into the glass room through the tunnel. The result is:

1) Zombie spawns in the dark.
2) Water sweeps him into the well-lit glass room.
3) Sunlight kills Zombie.

All I do is open the hatch once or so a day and collect a bazillion feathers each time. Now I just need to find a skeleton spawner (Waaaaaah, I wish there were creeper spawners!)

EDIT: Also, in that Minecraft Earth video, did anyone else notice that the ice cap says "Fuck you?" You can see it right at the end of the video.
All the cool kids are reading http://www.hitmanpiranha.com and http://www.ss-comic.com!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Stupid fog.

I can't find my home back. And I don't want to die to respawn.

Why won't you clear?

Edit: Nevermind, I died. A bit of sadness, really. Lost some mushrooms and some thread, which was sad, everything else should be easily reacquired.

davoid

Post by davoid »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Stupid fog.

Why won't you clear?

Edit: Nevermind, I died. A bit of sadness, really. Lost some mushrooms and some thread, which was sad, everything else should be easily reacquired.
Building a compass (four iron ingots in a diamond shape around a redstone dust) will let you find your way back to your spawn without dying. Also, fog can be toggled with "F." There's four levels of fog, I believe: dense fog, normal fog, almost no fog, and no fog at all.

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

I've struck diamonds! Yeehaa!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

davoid wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:Stupid fog.

Why won't you clear?

Building a compass (four iron ingots in a diamond shape around a redstone dust) will let you find your way back to your spawn without dying. Also, fog can be toggled with "F." There's four levels of fog, I believe: dense fog, normal fog, almost no fog, and no fog at all.
I only recently got iron, and have yet to find redstone. Which is primarily because everytime I venture a decent amount away from my home I get very lost.
I am currently digging a very deep basement to my house, which should solve some of the issues? Mainly by me staying underground, primarily. Because after my 3rd day or so the fog hasn't once lifted even to the point of "almost no fog".

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

Perhaps you've got it set so it only renders near things? Press Esc, then options.