What scores should I get in A levels in order to increase my chances of being accepted at Oxbridge to study medicine?

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Waldonar

What scores should I get in A levels in order to increase my chances of being accepted at Oxbridge to study medicine?

Post by Waldonar »

I know of two people who were rejected from medicine at Oxford, despite getting 5 As at AS, predicted 4 A*s at A level (after dropping the usual one subject), and both of them got 12 A*s at GCSE. They also both scored in the top 20% bracket of the UKCAT/BMAT exams.

Both of them got literally the maximum possible grades in every exam they sat since the age of 15 — and they weren't considered good enough to get in.

To get into medicine you need to be better than them.

Now — part of the reason they didn't get a place was probably because of a less-than stellar performance in interviews, not because their grades weren't “good enough”, or (more likely) because they weren't a “good fit” for the style of medicine taught at Oxford.

Jackmine11

Re: What scores should I get in A levels in order to increase my chances of being accepted at Oxbridge to study medicine

Post by Jackmine11 »

One-on-one coaching is a highly effective way to prepare for your medical school interview from https://www.medicmind.co.uk/medicine-work-experience/ , as it allows you to receive personalized feedback and guidance tailored to your unique strengths and weaknesses. In this piece, we explore the benefits of one-on-one coaching for medical school interview preparation and how Medic Mind's experienced coaches can help you maximize your potential.

Re: What scores should I get in A levels in order to increase my chances of being accepted at Oxbridge to study medicine

Post by Moderator »

Thanks for your post , hope I can do my exam in Oxbridge :geek2: