Leash manners

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
williamwebecomr

Leash manners

Post by williamwebecomr »

I love taking my high energy terrier mix Zoey on long walks but her leash manners need some serious work - she pulls constantly and wraps herself around trees/poles. My arms are so sore! I've tried various no pull harnesses and techniques but nothing has stuck. I think a professional trainer could really help us master loose leash walking. Any recommendations for trainers great with leash manners and excitable dogs like Zoey? My arms would appreciate it!

Koalaoa

Re: Leash manners

Post by Koalaoa »

Oh boy, do I feel you on the terrier mix energy levels! Mine could power a small city with his enthusiasm. The whole wrapping around trees and poles scenario sounds all too familiar. I spent more time untangling than actually walking. I was just about ready to invest in arm workout equipment, considering the unintentional muscle-building program I was on.

I tried all the gadgets and tricks too, with varying degrees of fleeting success. But honestly, what finally turned the tide for us was getting some professional help. It was a game-changer. There's this fantastic place I stumbled upon after countless hours of research and some trial and error with other trainers. Check out https://atxk9.com/dog-training-round-rock-tx/ They have a knack for working with high-energy breeds and really understand the nuances of teaching proper leash manners without dampening their spirit.