ZACH HOTLINE

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
ahecht

Re: ZACH HOTLINE

Post by ahecht »

In answer to the blog today, I've ordered custom size/shape car magnets from Magnet America before, and they're pretty cheap for small runs. I would prefer a magnet to a decal since it won't mess up my paint.

http://www.magnetamerica.com/index.php? ... page&id=37

dhabersa

Post by dhabersa »

Kimra wrote:That reward seems to be you wont be insulted to within an inch of your life. It is a rare and treasured reward. Treasure it.
I'll put it in the antique china cabinet next to my grandmother's silver gravy boat, a place of utmost honor. Just have to move that wedding picture out of the way...
ahecht wrote:I would prefer a magnet to a decal since it won't mess up my paint.
Agreed, although it won't work on my car (a Toyota Prius). Stupid aluminum hatchback door, okay it lightens the car but I can't stick magnets on it easily! Still, a nice strong magnet mounted on the inside to make an Aluminum sandwich and it should work fine.

Loraxxe

Post by Loraxxe »

Those magnets are just vinyl prints with magnetic backings. Not sufficiently classy for an SMBC tchotchke, I should think. Zach might do well to ask Phil Foglio. He has small runs of doodads made. They're made in China (the pin I got, at least), but what isn't, anymore?

Almostsyn

Gulpo the fish that eats ideas

Post by Almostsyn »

Hey Mr. Weiner, supreme comic superstar (or something like that). I heard you needed a site for those auto emblems with the raised plastic. Here is a good one:
http://chromeemblems.com/CustomEmblems. ... 7Qod9AJDnQ

This is the link to the customizing page so you don't have to search around at all.

EDIT: Let me know when you make these! I want one :D

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Re: Gulpo the fish that eats ideas

Post by Amerika »

LOOK AT THE THREADS

kalaka

Post by kalaka »

In the last comic, you misspelled Colombia, a common mistake for Americans.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Reposting from the Latest Comic Discussion thread (which so many people seem to miss)
Edminster wrote:
Astrogirl wrote:Impossible! He must be talking about Washington D.C. The Star Bucks there are really good.
Close! Way off on the Starbucks part but the rest is true enough.

As a guy living in the DC/Metro area I can confirm that there's a trend of higher-class coffeeshops doing a grow-your-own sort of thing where they have greenhouses full of coffee plants. Kind of like microbreweries are doing for beer, except much much more expensive. Admittedly most of it is Robusta and not Arabica, but you take what you can grow, y'know? It's one of those things where I wish I had money so I could set up a minimicroplantation and make my own coffee from scratch, but until I hit the lottery jackpot or something I'll just have to settle for the local Columbian stuff.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

To be fair, the reason we have this thread is so that pedants can complain about spelling and grammar.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I have a request for merch, much as others have recently been making.
Namely, from the classic comic section. I want my manpon related merchandise. Be it a mysterious box, or a shirt of some kind I think it'd be delightful. Or maybe a shirt proclaiming "Magic Missle! ..<line/smaller text> Why aren't you dead yet?" Or the like. Really there's a lot of great stuff that can be mined from the bygone comics. After all, its where most of us fell in love with your work anyways.

That last site sure does look swank, I could see defacing my van with some sweet SMBC style merch of that nature.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

jostler

Post by jostler »

Is the dinosaur picture from the red button supposed to be ridiculously huge? It's too big for the screen to see - if I had to guess, I'd need something like a 3000x3000 resolution to see it. (Double checked older posts and the hidden pic is regular sized)

Hope this helps!

jostler

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Use Firefox and drag the picture a little, then you see it in small.

/edit: Or use this link: http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20101230after.gif
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Someone pass on my congratulations to Zach for his hotlinking idea, re: N.O.M. blog.

Genius. *doffs cap* [mention the doffing part, too!]
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

Really? Ed et al have convinced me that it was kind of a failure.

1. If his objective was to annoy them, I'm pretty sure there are better things to put.
2. If his objective was to engage in a little discourse that wasn't a great way to open, I hear civility is fashionable nowadays
3. Now they think pro gay marriage people are jerks
4. WE DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY THOUGHT IT WAS ANTI-GAY MARRIAGE.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Read this http://i.imgur.com/yrlxv.png then reconsider whether they could possibly have thought anything else.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

it doesn't mention SMBC in there