Anyone interested in an SMBC Android App?

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
firebluetom

Anyone interested in an SMBC Android App?

Post by firebluetom »

I've been working on learning Android programming and have put together a small Android application which mainly allows users to view SMBC comics.
This has not been released in the Play store as I was working on it for my personal use and its not even close to finished, all you can do is view the comics.
If anyone is interested in taking a look at it, it can be downloaded from github: https://github.com/firebluetom/smbc2/bl ... k?raw=true
I'd love any suggestions for features or such, been a big fan of SMBC for a while now.
The main goal would be to bring these features into the comics:
-Favorites
-Tagging
-Rating
-Searching

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: Anyone interested in an SMBC Android App?

Post by smiley_cow »

Do you have permission from Zach to do that? Because some creators don't appreciate people make apps of their product. Even if all you do is show SMBC comics, you're still taking away ad revenue.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

firebluetom

Post by firebluetom »

I completely agree, I have no intention of taking money away from Zach for all the hard work he does.
I will email Zach for his permission. If this app somehow gains popularity, I would intend on adding ads to it so that Zach can profit off it.

firebluetom

Post by firebluetom »

Zach didn't give permission. App is not going to be developed and released.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

firebluetom wrote:Zach didn't give permission. App is not going to be developed and released.
I applaud you doing the right thing and asking. Then responding in a mature way. Well done.
King Prawn

Rasmase

Post by Rasmase »

Oh. I did the same thing! I was making a SMBC app, as I am new to android development, and I considered releasing it. I emailed Zach but he never answered.