Betrayal of Society, The

Symposium Mandated Bibliognostic 'Cyclopedia
Laneth
Plot of Hemingway and Gags

Re: Betrayal of Society, The

Post by Laneth »

Yeah, well...Leo Ego here...I had to be right and, well, according to the top post I am :D Ha!
Laneth Sffarlenn
Almost like a memory, this phantasm has reappeared...

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I have a Leo ego too (I didn't know ego was a property of being a Leo, but I'm not surprised), and technically I am righter.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

As a third Leo chiming in, I must note that I corrected the post at Mage's suggestion. So I must regretfully agree that MM is the rightest.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Laneth

Post by Laneth »

Edminster wrote:As a third Leo chiming in, I must note that I corrected the post at Mage's suggestion. So I must regretfully agree that MM is the rightest.
Right ye are buddy. Righteous!
Laneth Sffarlenn

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Zam! Thanks for backing me up Ed. By seeing that I was right, you were right to correct his mistake. Making you the 2nd rightest.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Laneth

Post by Laneth »

Considering I was wrong and was shown how to be right, and then claimed to be right when actually I was wrong in thinking I was right, do I end up being wrong or right? Or can I be neutral? I'm always Chaotic Neutral in DnD, so it kinda works.
Laneth Sffarlenn

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

That actually makes you doubly wrong; which is the 2nd worst wrongness level you can achieve.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

It's a shame that everything past Oldrac's comment in this conversation will be edited out of existence for being OOC if and when this 'Cyclopedia hits print.

Also, should I still write a biography for Society, or was the dismissal by Laneth enough?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

As long as you remove the copypasta Laneth used about affect/effect. Then it'll still be in character. I don't think Society was an important enough forum-member to write a fictional article on. Laneth's rebuttal was enough.

Laneth

Post by Laneth »

I would go back and remove the copypasta if not for the dialogue that's continued. To keep context until Edminster determines this topic closed, it stays I guess :S
Laneth Sffarlenn

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Wait, seriously, you three are all Leos?
'cause I'm a Leo.

SPOOOOKY!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Well Zach is a very august person, it's only natural that we're attracted to his forum. Tee hee.*

*These puns are killing me on the inside.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

mountainmage wrote:I don't think Society was an important enough forum-member to write an article on. Laneth's rebuttal was enough.
I am so happy I can stop reading all of his posts in order to assemble a cogent picture of his life. More time for boozin' it up with the Sect of Chasonitia in an attempt to secure funding! Incidentally, I discovered that GreenCrayon is the first person to use the asterisk for humourous purposes on the Forum whilst I was researching Society.

(Really? Four? Do we share a common birthday, as well? 19 August, 1986)

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Nope, mine is earlier in August. Plus I'm a few years younger than you.

Additionaly, I think you need to add two articles to the symposium request list: Chason, and the use of asterisks (somehow adapting it to our fictional forum world).

You really can't find an earlier post using the asterisk joke than on Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:24 am, around five months after the creation of the forum?

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

You have no idea how much I am finding by trawling through the Archives. Seriously, I'm starting to think that I need to create a topic that is the already-existing Forum Canon. Example:
GreenCrayon wrote:In 2023, the EA-Micro$oft* conglomerate published Fifa '22 (having faced delays because of licensing issues) for the next-generation consoles of the time. Despite the title being an exact copy of World Soccer for the Master System, it was universally acknowledged as being so good as to make all actual sports irrelevant. The upsurge of this was a plummet in physical exercise, and a global increase in obesity by over 200%. This caused no end of environmental issues in an already damaged ecosystem, and for this reason, I agree with you -- sports games suck.

* It was in 2011 that Microsoft adopted the dollar sign as part of their official name. It was considered nearly as shrewd as the previous year's surprise, where Bill Gates legally changed his first name to "Little Willy". Whilst this confounded competitors, investors had to admit they "liked his style".
While it does not directly relate to the Forum itself, it helps propose the world that caused the 'Cyclopedia.

gödel stop spreading fud