How Was You Day?

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Re: How Was You Day?

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Oh no! It was a really nice bar!

That sucks.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Liam (the owner) is good at setting up a bar and making it enjoyable, but not so great at business and financial management. Plus he signed and incredibly bad lease with the building the owners. He had to pay a monthly rent plus 10% of the gross after his gross topped $300k a year. His rent was $5k, so at that point he was paying 30% of his gross just in rent.

On the bright side she may go work at the Center Club, which is basically a members only club for business people, politicians and non-profit execs. It will be a pay cut, but her pay will be less erratic, she gets some benefits and she won't have to work past 10 or 11pm.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Was Liam the guy with a buzz cut and rolled-up sleeves? I thought I heard an accent. I remember there was a sign up saying they were just back in business after having to close because of.. a noise complaint, was it?

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

That was probably Derek, one of the bartenders and the only male employee not from the US. He was mistaken for Liam a lot though. You probably didn't see Liam, he had opened another bar on the other side of the city and moved down there, so he wasn't at that bar much.

I don't know what the sign said, but they breifly closed because of the dispute with the landlord and they also had to close for a day or two around that time due to the city sewer backing up. So it might have been one of those.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

So my drawing tablet of 5 years bit the dust recently. Not a huge surprise since it was about 5 years old and on average they tend to last about 2.

I installed the new one today, and first it wouldn't install because it needs proprietary software the computer I'm using doesn't have, but I couldn't install that because I needed to update an operating system and then I couldn't do that because windows update was broken.* So after spending all morning on that the device driver automatic install failed.

Anyways, long story short, I got a new tablet today and here is a tiny bunny I drew to test it out:

The pressure sensitivity is set really different than my old one was so I'm going to have to muck around in the settings a bit. But like...tomorrow I think.

*one of the keyboard keys fell off my laptop and I can't use it anymore so my brother loaned me his really old windows 8 laptop until I can get a new one. It's old and it shows.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

A cute bunny after a lot of computer annoyance.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Bunnies make everything better.

I got the pressure sensitivity working how I like it and I think I'm good to go now.

Second tiny bunny test:

DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Both bunnies are excellent. Though they don't have as much meat on them as cows do.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

smiley_cow wrote:Bunnies make everything better.

I got the pressure sensitivity working how I like it and I think I'm good to go now.

Second tiny bunny test:

This bunny is even better :)
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

smiley_cow wrote:Bunnies make everything better.

Second tiny bunny test:

Wow. That's so simple and elegant looking. Nice.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Thanks guys.
Lethal Interjection wrote:Both bunnies are excellent. Though they don't have as much meat on them as cows do.
True, though I hear from everyone I know who's had it that rabbit meat is apparently quite delicious.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

smiley_cow wrote:Thanks guys.
Lethal Interjection wrote:Both bunnies are excellent. Though they don't have as much meat on them as cows do.
True, though I hear from everyone I know who's had it that rabbit meat is apparently quite delicious.
Don't eat too much of it or you'll get rabbit starvation (too much protein, nor enough fat).

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:Thanks guys.
Don't eat too much of it or you'll get rabbit starvation (too much protein, nor enough fat).
Liri is correct.
I've had rabbit once, about 20 years back (god I'm old). It was in a stew, so I'm not sure I can really confirm it's deliciousness.

Muntic0re

Post by Muntic0re »

It was a busy day. I was working and now I am going to gym. I want to lose some weight till New Year. I even started to take steroids gain some muscles. Hope it helps me to lose at least 15 pounds.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

You could also just move to the UK, and then take up gambling for a bit.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?