How Was You Day?

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Re: How Was You Day?

Post by Kaharz »

I flew to Chicago this morning, caught a 45 minute cab ride, went though four hours of interviews, then took an hour cab ride back to the airport, lost my phone, found someone to call my phone which has fortunately been turned in and now I'm killing 3 hours in the airport before I fly home. Oh, and my new shoes are giving me large blisters on my heels. I'm exhausted, but I think the interview went pretty well.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Wooo! Is your wife at all more amenable to Chicago?
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

No, she won't relocate anywhere outside of the Baltimore area, unless her whole family moves too. The VP who would be my boss is fine with just a 1 month or so temporary relocation and spending some additional multi-day stretches up there, which works for me. His boss may be more hardline about requiring relocation, but he didn't bring up relocation and knew it was a non-starter. It is a national job with a decent amount of travel, so where it is based isn't critical.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Eating at a more-authentic-than-typical Chinese restaurant last night, I ordered a side of 'stinky tofu'. It was pretty horrific. :cry: I can't even say what it reminded me of. I managed to eat one piece.

The sauce it came with was delicious.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Oh man, I really want to try that. I've been pretty good with unfamiliar 'smelly' fermented foods before so I think the chance I might like it is greater than none.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

I would physically run from a restaurant that served me century eggs.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Felstaff wrote:I would physically run from a restaurant that served me century eggs.
The clientele was 90% Chinese, so they may well have had them for those who knew how to ask.

If you want to know what it tasted/smelled like: A chronic yeast infection.

Muntic0re

Post by Muntic0re »

It was pretty boring. I was searching the web and found an interesting article about UK. Do you know that Britain has passed the 'most extreme surveillance law ever passed in a democracy' ? It's really terrifying. I wonder can VPN fix it now.
Last edited by Muntic0re on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

That link is not going to an article. So is Muntic0re just a really sophisticated bot?

But the UK does have scary levels of surveillance.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Muntic0re

Post by Muntic0re »

Astrogirl wrote:That link is not going to an article. So is Muntic0re just a really sophisticated bot?

But the UK does have scary levels of surveillance.
bot really? then i am the 1st intelligence bot

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Yeah, muntic0re keeps adding spam links to their posts so I've been editing them out. I was hoping that I could let them run rampant for a bit longer but apparently not :/

I was really hopeful this model of spam-bot would work out but alas the urge to spam remains uncontrollable
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Went to a concert. The first band was called "Elvis Division" and put their own music to Elvis lyrics. It was raw funky. My dad turned out to be friends with the bassist. The second band I'd seen a couple times. The guitarist is the husband of one of my dad's coworkers. They're very punk rock. I don't really care for it that much. The first band was awesome though.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Edminster wrote:Yeah, muntic0re keeps adding spam links to their posts so I've been editing them out. I was hoping that I could let them run rampant for a bit longer but apparently not :/

I was really hopeful this model of spam-bot would work out but alas the urge to spam remains uncontrollable
I googled the name yesterday and there were tons of new forum registrations for that name over the last few weeks. All spammy and all a few posts over a day or two before disappearing or being banned.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Fascinating. Most advanced bot I have seen.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

We found on the 1st that the bar my wife worked at was closing after today. So now she is unemployed. 2017 is off to a great start! I make enough to pay our bills and feed us as long as none of the cats or the wife* need any major medical care, a car doesn't need to be replaced, or some other major surprise expense comes along. But it is going to be tight for a bit.

*Her insurance sucks, and just went up $100 a month.