The Olympics!

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Re: The Olympics!

Post by Euclidthegreek »

Edminster wrote:Hopefully he has discovered the magical world of hookers and blow.
It's our only hope.
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I spied him being on facebook just today. Maybe he's grown tired of us, or is just waiting for someone to beat his postcount first.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

LordRetard wrote:I was just gonna say, where did he go this time? Not that I remember why he was gone the last time. Does anyone remember?
Something about school and moving? I think?

Also, I realize why I was so hyped about the Canadia medals last night.
I had a week off over the olympics. And I think I saw only one of our medal performances. Everything I watched was those misses where Canadians ended in 4th or 5th. The medal wins happened when I was doing other things. It was nice to see us get bumped up to silver in the relay (after Korea, in first, got disqualified for intentional contact*) and then a bit of a podium sweep in the two-woman bobsled. All while watching the Canadian men's hockey team trounce the Russians (well, the relay was during and I flipped to watch a bit during the third period, and the sledding was right after).

*Kind of a joke, but I'll take it. I saw far worse contact** in other races that was ruled okay.
** Almost all of it by the Koreans, actually. They are an aggressive bunch in the speed skating group.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Lethal Interjection wrote: Everything I watched was those misses where Canadians ended in 4th or 5th.
I'm pretty sure Canadia gets fourth place more than any other in the Olympics.* I'm willing to be that if there was a medal for fourth we'd move way up in the medal standings. Either that or start getting fifth all the time.

*My experience watching summer Olympics too
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Canadia: Never quite good enough.

You'll get the gold in men's (real) hockey.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

"Like Olympic medals and tennis trophies, all they signified was that the owner had done something of no benefit to anyone more capably than anyone else."
I've been reading through Catch 22 again. It's better every time.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Frostbite wrote:Canadia: Never quite good enough.

You'll get the gold in men's (real) hockey.
Woo! Our fake hockey team just won gold!
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

Ice hockey is the only sport I've really enjoyed watching in the Winter Olympics. Congrats to Canadia.
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

starling_bird

Post by starling_bird »

Sahan wrote:Ice hockey is the only sport I've really enjoyed watching in the Winter Olympics. Congrats to Canadia.
We don't get to see much ice hockey down here. It's a pretty cool game, really fast paced.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Our men's curlers just won gold which ties us for most golds ever won before in an Olympic games! I want to say I hope the Canadian men's hockey team wins gold tomorrow, to give us the record, but now that there's real pressure to do it, they probably won't. I'll be cheering for them anyways.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

So, Canadia's all right, I guess.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

What a friggin' awesome game. And with the right result. Canadia has the most amount of gold medals ever.

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

Congratulations to Canadia. Apparently Australia got 2 gold medals and a silver in these olympics, which is pretty good given our records at the Winter Olympics I think, so congratulations to us too.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

And the U.S. apparently got the record for most medals ever these Olympics. I think we can all agree that we're all winners here except the U.K.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Sahan wrote:Congratulations to Canadia. Apparently Australia got 2 gold medals and a silver in these olympics, which is pretty good given that we don't have winter here.
Fix'd
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.