well maybe you'll get it one day

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: well maybe you'll get it one day

Post by DonRetrasado »

I like bubble tea except that it's too sweet. Also, it looks really awkward for me to be drinking it and walking around like I don't realise how ridiculous I look.

Also I am trying immersion to learn spanish in January! So we'll see how well I do that. I've probably told you this before but I've heard from friends that did Japanese immersion that it was much easier for them to learn because they had studied some basic linguistics and syntax before going.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Oh, man. I love bubble tea so much. My favourite is coconut or watermelon blended ice with the taro tofu pudding. Delicious.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

I like bubble tea a lot. I don't care if I look ridiculous!
But I haven't had it in quite a while... I used to get it every now and again because I would walk past a bubble tea shop on MSU's campus, but I haven't spent much time around there since I graduated.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Bubble tea seems gross to me. But I haven't tried it.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

A lot of my friends are 'asian', so I have it quite a lot in social gatherings. It's really not that bad, it's just flavoured tea.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

It depends which kind you get, the snow shakes and blended ices are more like flavoured smoothies or slushies.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Sahan wrote:A lot of my friends are 'asian', so I have it quite a lot in social gatherings. It's really not that bad, it's just flavoured tea.
That isn't what grosses me out. What grosses me out is that there is shit stuff floating in it.

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

Oh, no, it sinks to the bottom!
Hope this helped.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Sahan wrote:A lot of my friends are 'asian', so I have it quite a lot in social gatherings. It's really not that bad, it's just flavoured tea.
I only hang around white-washed kids.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

We like to call them 'bananas', in reference to a banana's colours. I usually don't order the jelly and sago, because it's damn impossible to eat it all when all you're equipped with is a straw.
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I've heard the word used before but it doesn't get any currency... Over here you're asian or you're not, and that has nothing to do with where your parents are from. I just don't really hang out with the fobs anymore even though a couple of them went to the same university as me.

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

Sahan wrote:I usually don't order the jelly and sago, because it's damn impossible to eat it all when all you're equipped with is a straw.
You... you wait 'til you've finished the liquid and some of the other stuff, then take off the plastic and pour the remaining sago/jelly/pudding into your mouth. It's so easy.

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

No one else in my friend circle does that though! I'll look different.

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

You'll be the cool one. Or the ostracised one, depending on what your friends are like.

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

If you are the ostracised one it means you're too smart for them and they will all be killed when the transmen arise.